Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies, I'm 41+3 days pregnant and about 4-5 days ago my whole household, myself included, came down with the flu. We hadn't ever had it before and I initially thought it was just a bad cold. My parents and sis are staying with me and even they caught it. Now, everyone else is recovering nicely, including my two and four year old. Everyone has bounced back except my diabetic mom and myself. The doctor my mom saw wouldn't give her anything and basically told her she just had to suffer for 10-14 days. My midwife has me on lots of vitamins and teas etc. My husband took tamiflu and he's almost cleared up in two days apart from a cough.

Anyway, baby isn't going to wait much longer, I'm starting to see signs of impending labor and I'm terrified. I keep hearing horror stories about moms dying in birth or shortly after or how they were so drained they couldn't nurse or take care of the baby for weeks. I'm supposed to have a home birth and I'm just getting so anxious and stressed out. I don't know if I should just steal some of my husbands tamiflu or if that would even help or if I should just go with it and pray I can recover or what.

Any advice or cheery stories would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
No ideas, but I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

You are in a position to have as much nourishing food as you can keep down, lots of fluids, and you'll be able to lay in bed and do literally nothing but sleep, nurse the baby, and take yourself to the restroom, yes? (If you've already had the baby and you've been changing diapers, knock it off =D). You can take responsibility for taking care of the baby after you're over the flu and labor. Your first task is to get better and you'll do that best if you do nothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts