Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I've searched the forum archives, but I can't find one that gives advice on a midwife in SW ohio that does home births. I'm having an awful hard time finding one! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

ETA: I meant SW Ohio LOL. Dang pregnant brain!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I think it depends upon where in SW Ohio you are.

I know both Cinci and Dayton have homebirth midwifes, and most are usually found through contacting one of the ladies who just had a homebirth or through their individual yahoo group lists. I know that there are several in Dayton that post on the Dayton thread occasionally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am VERY interested in this information as well! I tried searching Yahoo for an Ohio Home Birth group, with no luck. I live in the Cincinnati area and have what I believe, is a unique situation, that makes having an out of hospital birth very very important to me. If anyone could post or PM me any information, I would be so appreciative.
Just a little background on our situation- My husband and I struggled for years with infertility and then wound up with a !surprise! natural pregnancy 2 years ago. Our precious little baby acquired a hospital borne infection and died one week after birth. Needless to say, the last 2 years have been the hardest I have ever lived.
Recently, we have had another miracle pregnancy (26 weeks!) and I am committed to giving birth in my own home, for all of the reasons that you can think of...
I do have medicaid and am only covered for CNM/hospital care. My husband has also recently lost his job and we are like so many others, just trying to keep our heads above water.
I would love to find a sympathetic attendant, who could help us realize our home birth dream. I believe this is integral to our healing process and will be a whole new beginning!!
Thank you for anyone who has read this long and I would really appreciate any info or feedback. This site is a wealth of information and gives me hope and courage that i can have the birthing experience I have always imagined.
Thanks.
:

·
Registered
211 Posts
You could contact my midwife Kathy Mitchell. She is based out of Newark but she knows many of the other midwives in the state and could probably refer you to someone. Kathy's number is 740-323-1006 and her email is [email protected]. HTH!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.