Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a home cleaning business?

I have just started doing this and would love to find someone to chat with about the in's and outs and help with forms and things....

pm me if you like!
TIA!

· Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thank you
thank you
Lauren...pm me when you get a chance

· Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

for Sarah

· Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lauren's Organic Housekeeping
Hey =) I made customer profile sheets and filled them out the first cleaning. I also made a client history form. I kept them in a binder and was really good about updating them. It made me look really organized and it made it easier to get stuff done. Do you have MS Word? I can send them to you as attachments. I had two really cute clip arts that I always used, I'll send you those too if you want. I borrowed my MIL's steam buggy for steam cleaning and charged a lot for it. I made my own products and I also bought stuff at the health food stroe. I used only vegetable based and food grade (Baking soda, etc.,) products except for calcium carbonate to scrub enamel. This stuff is CHEAP too! Anyway, I started out advertising but making fliers and hanging them in coffee shops and on the bulletin boards at the health food stores, particularly in rich areas. I started cleaning all my relatives and in laws houses at a discount. (Not a big one, but it made them feel like they got a deal) PRetty soon people told people and I started having real clients. Then I could afford to advertise and I was desinging my ad for the yellow pages when I got the pink line! So I quit and passed them off onto a frind of mine who has a business mostly doing yards, now doing yards and housework called Handy Women. Now she does OUR yard!! You'd think after all that we'd have a clean house, but alas no. Ask me any questions anytime. And I will definitely email you all my old documents. I even used invoices and paper estimates, they made me look really professional, which was important because in my area there are two large housekeeping companies and one chain called Green Cleaning that used products similar to mine. Also, check out every price you can find. Call people from ads and merry maids and stuff and pretend to be a customer so you really get the inside scoop on how they do it. Also, a lot of people, I don't know why, that use housecleaners are sensitive to smells, so never wear perfume and always try to use cleaners with as little scent as possible. That's why a steam cleaner investment is really great. Open windows when you use it so the house doesn't get too humid. LOL enough info for ya or what!? Hope it helps! Good luck!
Lauren

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.