Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've read a lot of different schools of thought on the best method of inseminating in terms of the number of vials used per attempt and the number of insems per cycle.

My question is, for those of you who were successful, how many vials did you use per insem? How many attempts per cycle did you make? Frozen or fresh?

Thanks,

Greer

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Everyone I know who is DIY inseming at home is still in the process, I think (or gave up and is going with clinical insem). Sorry. I hope there's someone out there who can answer

(FWIW, I would go with fresh if you can and do probably 2-3 insems. One two days before you ovulate, and one or two the day before you ovulate... like morning and night, I guess. Basically whenever you have good ewcm, you should try for one insem a day, up to three days before you ovulate and *maybe* the day you ovulate, if you can catch it quickly enough. BUT, take that with a grain of salt, since I'm still TTC, so what do I know? There have been a few cycles where I tried to insem instead of or in combination with getting it on with my dh, but obviously it didn't work. Looking back, the timing was off.)

Good luck and Belly Blessings!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.