Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made some apple sauce the other day from some apples from a local orchard. They were Lakeland apples. The lady working there told me she make apple sauce by just coring the apples and cooking them in the crock pot. So I did that, peel and all. Then I put the mushy/chuncky sauce through the food processor. I didn't add anything, not even water. The taste is FANTASTIC! But the color is a little brown and the texture is a little, I don't know, frothy? It is a very very smooth texture, almost like merangue or something. I don't mind it one bit but my 18 month old noticed it didn't look like his regular stuff. I'd like to make some more. Any tips for next time?<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Amy

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
The color could be just oxidation....the frothiness, was that right away or is it still frothy? If it was eaten right after making it, it could just be all the air that the food processor incorporated.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Add a some lemon juice to the water you cook the apples in. Then it won't turn brown. As for frothiness- it is probably the air from the food processor. Try pulsing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts