Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
hello,
Thanks for this article I really enjoyed it. I have spent many years looking for a solution to my allergies and i am now quite happy.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Removed spam link in quote.

Thanks for this article! I didn't know caffeine can alleviate asthma? we have members in the family who have asthma, including me. we just nebulise or steam whenever we have difficulty in breathing. we use humidifier as well, its helping us to breath easily..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had great success using a saline solution nasal wash when I am having an allergy attack. It won't cure your allergies, but it clears out all the mucous in your nasal passageways that causes those painful sinus headaches and congestion! Have you ever seen a neti pot? It's essentially the same thing but you can do it without buying a neti pot using an eyedropper or a large syringe (the kind you use to give meds orally). Mis a small serum of 1/2 tsp saltwater with 1 cup warm water (I suggest boiling first to sterilize if you're using tap water). Leaning over a sink, you want to slowly and gently pour or squirt the solution into one nostril. It will feel weird at first - it goes up through your nasal passageway and comes out the other nostril, taking all the "junk" with it! I do this whenever I am having trouble getting to sleep because of my allergies rather than popping a pill.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Leaning over a sink, you want to slowly and gently pour or squirt the solution into one nostril. It will feel weird at first - it goes up through your nasal passageway and comes out the other nostril, taking all the "junk" with it! I do this whenever I am having trouble getting to sleep because of my allergies rather than popping a pill.
I do the same , unclogging nose can be very messy but it feels good. Breathing in moist air can help soothe irritated tissue and sinuses. A humidifier can increase the humidity in your room easily. It converts water to moisture that slowly fills the air. Humidifiers also thin the mucus in your sinuses, and helps you to breath normally. Take a shower and stay hydrated too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts