Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody caught up on the laws for that? Can you home school and keep your kids unvaccinated or is that the next right to go.

I'm trying to decide if I should stay in the US (I want to), but if it means poisoning my kid, I won't.

Thank you,

Stella

·
Registered
8,487 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I agree with what @Turquesa said.

Many states require enrolling in the school district's umbrella school for homeschooling. So, to enroll in that school, you need to be "up to date or have available exemptions". Other states require frequent and routine testing, which requires spending time on school grounds, which requires mandatory participation in the vax programs, unless one qualifies for exemptions. Some co-ops are public and/or private school sponsored, and may require vaccination participation, as well.

People have this idea that you can "get away with anything" if you homeschool. Unless you are in a homeschool free state (a state that believes that parents are the best authority on raising/educating and the health of their own children), and there are not that many free states now, you are still having your parental rights infringed upon if you homeschool!

Some folks I know that are in homeschool regulated states simply don't register their children at all. Could be dangerous down the road, but they believe in their rights as parents MORE than they believe in the state legislating their education, and their health.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, ladies.

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the home school free states? Maybe I should move there instead, haha.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thank you, ladies.

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the home school free states? Maybe I should move there instead, haha.
Howdy from Texas, ma'am.

I can't guarantee Texas will be this way forever, but it is an excellent state for homeschooling. The law treats it as a private school. And we don't have the state checking up on us by either coming to the house or demanding schoolwork be sent in to a bureaucrat. From what I've read from others, some states do have such draconian rules. We also had the only governor that I am aware of who said he would have the state militia watching over Jade Helm 15. Search if you're not familiar. The governor is now supposedly refusing refugees that the feds are foisting on everyone in order to create chaos and help bring in their One World Government. I probably just lost most of you. Oh well. It is what it is. I, too, would like to move out of the United States of A-Merck-a. But where to go? The elite are called globalists for a reason. What is happening here is also happening or has already happened in other countries. Kathleen Pro-Truth www.educate-yourself.org New World Order

·
Registered
24,718 Posts
When I did my research back in the 80s and 90s, I learned that OK is a great state for homeschooling.

You just go ahead and homeschool. Period. No filing, nothing.

However, OK is facing losing its personal/philosophical and religious vaccine exemptions as ONE pediatrician/state representative, senator Yeh, is challenging the law and wants to turn OK into MS, WV and CA. He introduced the bill late in the last session and is going to force the issue in the new session.

Reactions: stellanyc

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Idaho, where I live, has zero regulation/restriction/oversight/buttinski into parents' business with homeschooling.

No one demands I register my children for school, services, or that I should teach them x,y,z by a certain age..come in for testing, etc. Nothing. I teach my children what I want, when I want, and how I want. I don't believe public schools have done a decent job educating children in anything other than filth for over 20 years, so why do they qualify to tell me how to teach my children? It's great.

The other states that use regulation, usher it in the same way as vaccines become common place. Scare everyone to death about "what will happen if we don't pretend we know better than parents, and slap a million regulations on them to make them obey or else." In other words, the gov't in those states use fear mongering to say that if the state doesn't regulate homeschooling, a bunch of parents will be lazy and the kids will grow up uneducated. Yeah, because uninvolved parents really prefer to have their children hanging around constantly...makes sense, right???

I homeschool my children because I am their parent and I can educate them the best and in the manner best suited for them. So far, their intelligence has been well proven in the real world, to be quite capable to excel in life.

Sorry for the rant, but the homeschool and vaccine issues are quite intertwined, and freedom of both are threatened.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
There's a great state-by-state map here. http://www.activistpost.com/2012/11/10-freest-states-for-homeschooling.html

NJ may be next door to you, but a horrible, horrible law keeps getting proposed there. http://www.hslda.org/cms/?q=bill/senate-bill-3105-state-mandated-annual-medical-exams-homeschoolers

Basically, there was an abused kid who was "homeschooled" and ended up dying. Rather than working to improve the child welfare system that did NOT respond to repeated calls about the child, Sen. Weinberg wants to shift the blame on to homeschoolers. It's so much easier to regulate mommies and daddies than to regulate one of your own state agencies, right? :irked Oh, and the bill includes subjecting homeschoolers to NJs over-the-top vaccine laws.

So yes, consider the green states, but also consider whether the political climate is homeschool-friendly. You might be better off in a yellow state that mostly leaves you alone than a green one that keeps threatening to take your rights away.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Howdy from Texas, ma'am.

I can't guarantee Texas will be this way forever, but it is an excellent state for homeschooling. The law treats it as a private school. And we don't have the state checking up on us by either coming to the house or demanding schoolwork be sent in to a bureaucrat. From what I've read from others, some states do have such draconian rules. We also had the only governor that I am aware of who said he would have the state militia watching over Jade Helm 15. Search if you're not familiar. The governor is now supposedly refusing refugees that the feds are foisting on everyone in order to create chaos and help bring in their One World Government. I probably just lost most of you. Oh well. It is what it is. I, too, would like to move out of the United States of A-Merck-a. But where to go? The elite are called globalists for a reason. What is happening here is also happening or has already happened in other countries. Kathleen Pro-Truth www.educate-yourself.org New World Order
Yikes! Had not heard of Jade Helm 15 before. Sounds terrifying.

Personally I would prefer to stay in A-Merck-a (that cracked me up, even though it's sad and true), but although I love my adopted country I'm also absolutely abhorred with the direction it's taking in regards to GMO's and medical interventions etc.
Think I'll stay in NY so far.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Idaho, where I live, has zero regulation/restriction/oversight/buttinski into parents' business with homeschooling.

No one demands I register my children for school, services, or that I should teach them x,y,z by a certain age..come in for testing, etc. Nothing. I teach my children what I want, when I want, and how I want. I don't believe public schools have done a decent job educating children in anything other than filth for over 20 years, so why do they qualify to tell me how to teach my children? It's great.

The other states that use regulation, usher it in the same way as vaccines become common place. Scare everyone to death about "what will happen if we don't pretend we know better than parents, and slap a million regulations on them to make them obey or else." In other words, the gov't in those states use fear mongering to say that if the state doesn't regulate homeschooling, a bunch of parents will be lazy and the kids will grow up uneducated. Yeah, because uninvolved parents really prefer to have their children hanging around constantly...makes sense, right???

I homeschool my children because I am their parent and I can educate them the best and in the manner best suited for them. So far, their intelligence has been well proven in the real world, to be quite capable to excel in life.

Sorry for the rant, but the homeschool and vaccine issues are quite intertwined, and freedom of both are threatened.
Idaho sounds awesome. Wish it was closer to the East Coast:smile:

Yes, it doesn't quite make sense that homeschooling parents are lazy and don't care. Seems to me that if you're lazy and don't care, you'd not do any research and go along with the sheeple.
For the record, I'm not insinuating that people who don't homeschool are lazy. All my real life friends vaccinate because they haven't bothered researching the issue, so they just go along "with it". They could have done some research and come to a different conclusion than me, but they haven't. Hope everyone is clear on my meaning.:namaste

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a great state-by-state map here. http://www.activistpost.com/2012/11/10-freest-states-for-homeschooling.html

NJ may be next door to you, but a horrible, horrible law keeps getting proposed there. http://www.hslda.org/cms/?q=bill/senate-bill-3105-state-mandated-annual-medical-exams-homeschoolers

Basically, there was an abused kid who was "homeschooled" and ended up dying. Rather than working to improve the child welfare system that did NOT respond to repeated calls about the child, Sen. Weinberg wants to shift the blame on to homeschoolers. It's so much easier to regulate mommies and daddies than to regulate one of your own state agencies, right? :irked Oh, and the bill includes subjecting homeschoolers to NJs over-the-top vaccine laws.

So yes, consider the green states, but also consider whether the political climate is homeschool-friendly. You might be better off in a yellow state that mostly leaves you alone than a green one that keeps threatening to take your rights away.
Aw man, and I was considering NJ because I heard they don't fluoridate the water there.

But come on, blaming the agency would be like admitting fault. Much more convenient to blame parents who had nothing to do with it. It's unbelievable to me that people aren't waking up to this.
Why is it that people have no problem believing a politician can be corrupt, but Big Pharma is all sugar and sunshines and the politicians furthering their case are just looking out for us:eyesroll:rolleyes

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hey, according to this map Westchester is a free state. And it's close to NY. :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts