Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not yet had covid, but it only seems like a matter of time. Not that I want to get it (and I am taking reasonable measures to avoid contracting it), but it will probably happen eventually. What I really hope to avoid is a stay in hospital. I think this is likely, as I'm low risk, but I figure knowledge is power. I thought perhaps we could share here what we've learnt about home treatments for this disease. I remember someone mentioning compiling that information or something to that effect. I would love anything you have to share on the subject.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I've read so far as helpful is Vit D3, Vit C (I read a few places the liposomal was the best kind for absorption), zinc, NAC, quercetin, melatonin, niacin. I've read a few articles on pine needle tea as well as star anise.
Excellent, thank you. I take D3 supplements, so I have that covered. From what I've learnt, food sources for many of these are preferable to supplements. Vit. C is found in numerous foods and I'm betting most people can think of a few. Pistachios are actually an excellent source of melatonin - just 2 nuts provide a full serving. Niacin can be found in nutritional yeast. I'm not as sure about quercetin, but will look into that.

What is NAC?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Excellent, thank you. I take D3 supplements, so I have that covered.
D3 supplements are really helpful, but some small studies have shown that D produced from exposure to sunlight is even better. Being outside for 20 mins or so a day w/out sunscreen & in the fresh air is a huge immune boost. If you have darker skin, that doesn't burn easily, you may even want to up that to 30-40 minutes. In general, people with lighter skin will produce natural Vit D more quickly when exposed to sunlight.

Applejuice posted a video on a different thread about early treatment of Covid-19 to avoid hospitalization. Basically the doctor is advocating for doing more at home early on, in hopes of preventing more serious outcomes and the need for inpatient care. Around 10:08 he has a chart that gives an idea of what you can do based on your risk and symptoms.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was helpful to me to know that I rarely (if ever) get respiratory symptoms. I get high fever and body aches and headache with flu, but not cough or shortness of breath. Of course, it is possible I could react that way to covid.

my experience with covid is that I got a fever and the severe aches. My head hurt some, but my body hurt too much to care. Loss of taste and smell came a few days in. This was late December. Taste is normal, but all I smell is dirt. All the time.

my treatment was zinc, d3, vitamin c, lots of fluid, and as much time outside on the porch swing soaking up sunlight as I could. I just bundled up in blankets and napped on the swing in the cold December air.

I ran a vaporizer and used a pulse oximeter frequently. It never dropped below 94, and only even that low for a few hours. I did not take pain relief or fever reducer.

I get the flu every couple years and this was more painful, but it went about as I’d expect it to for me. My husband had covid probably before we knew what it was, and he struggled much more. I think it is important to know now how you react to illness. Obviously it could change, but we know our bodies best.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I’ve also procured the supplements mentioned above. We go for hikes at least 1h a day, longer on weekends. Also probiotics are being Supplemented and I take a protein shake with collagen since it helps me maintain weight with my low bmi struggles but I read somewhere, but lost link, that the amino acids in the collagen are beneficial to the immune system. I use Ora organic for the protein shake and the collagen aminos are the blue box from viral proteins.
anyone have a nebulizer? I do have a pulse ox and a portable EKG. Had that in the earthquake box anyways.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I’ve also procured the supplements mentioned above. We go for hikes at least 1h a day, longer on weekends. Also probiotics are being Supplemented and I take a protein shake with collagen since it helps me maintain weight with my low bmi struggles but I read somewhere, but lost link, that the amino acids in the collagen are beneficial to the immune system. I use Ora organic for the protein shake and the collagen aminos are the blue box from viral proteins.
anyone have a nebulizer? I do have a pulse ox and a portable EKG. Had that in the earthquake box anyways.
yes i have a nebulizer along with appropriate meds...also have a pulse-ox, too

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, so this is what I've compiled so far:

PREVENTATIVE:
-daily exercise (90 min moderate - walking, gardening, housework - or 40 min intense (lap swimming, running, singles tennis)
-daily vitamin D - 2000 IU, unless able to healthfully get adequate sunlight (I'm not)
-nightly 7-8 hrs sleep, taken between 21.00 and 8.00 in a fully dark room (cannot see hand in front of face)
-daily fruit intake (1 serv berries + 3 servs additional fruit)
-daily veg intake (2 servs greens + 3 servs additional veg)
-daily spice intake
-whole food, plant based diet (this may be controversial and I'm not going to try to argue with anyone who disagrees, but from the evidence I've seen, this is the best diet I've seen to prevent or reverse the risk factors for covid, including heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and cancer; see nutritionfacts.org for more info if interested)

FOR MILD VIRAL SYMPTOMS
-zinc (pumpkin seeds are a good source)
-vit. D (5,000 IU)
-vit. C (broccoli, citrus, mango...many good sources; if feeling ill, I'd probably go with a smoothie for optimal absorption and ease of digestion)
-curcumin (found in turmeric - turmeric reduces inflammation, so can work for pain relief)
-allisin (found in garlic)
-selenium (Brazil nuts are a very good source - just 2 provide a full daily requirement)
-quercitin (fairly high in capers)
-melatonin (pistachios are a superior source - just 2 nuts provide a full dose)
-powdered ginger (1/8 tsp in water works well for pain relief - adequate to a dose of Tylenol)
-fluids (chamomile tea, raw ginger and lemon steeped in hot water, miso soup, fresh citrus or green juice)
-neti pot for sinus congestion
-salt water gargle for sore throat
-steam therapy (breathe in steam from a pot or hot shower for several minutes)
-if possible, fresh air from opening the windows or sitting in the garden (I live in a city where this is not possible for me)
-echinacea tincture taken directly after exposure or early onset of symptoms (not useful once symptoms progress)

Much of this nutrition therapy info comes from this video:

As far as some of these drug therapies go, I'm not comfortable taking anything without first speaking with my doctor. If I do develop covid, I'll speak to her right away and get her take on which drugs, if any, would be helpful or necessary. Hopefully it won't come to that, as I am low risk.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Okay, so this is what I've compiled so far:

PREVENTATIVE:
-daily exercise (90 min moderate - walking, gardening, housework - or 40 min intense (lap swimming, running, singles tennis)
-daily vitamin D - 2000 IU, unless able to healthfully get adequate sunlight (I'm not)
-nightly 7-8 hrs sleep, taken between 21.00 and 8.00 in a fully dark room (cannot see hand in front of face)
-daily fruit intake (1 serv berries + 3 servs additional fruit)
-daily veg intake (2 servs greens + 3 servs additional veg)
-daily spice intake
-whole food, plant based diet (this may be controversial and I'm not going to try to argue with anyone who disagrees, but from the evidence I've seen, this is the best diet I've seen to prevent or reverse the risk factors for covid, including heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and cancer; see nutritionfacts.org for more info if interested)

FOR MILD VIRAL SYMPTOMS
-zinc (pumpkin seeds are a good source)
-vit. D (5,000 IU)
-vit. C (broccoli, citrus, mango...many good sources; if feeling ill, I'd probably go with a smoothie for optimal absorption and ease of digestion)
-curcumin (found in turmeric - turmeric reduces inflammation, so can work for pain relief)
-allisin (found in garlic)
-selenium (Brazil nuts are a very good source - just 2 provide a full daily requirement)
-quercitin (fairly high in capers)
-melatonin (pistachios are a superior source - just 2 nuts provide a full dose)
-powdered ginger (1/8 tsp in water works well for pain relief - adequate to a dose of Tylenol)
-fluids (chamomile tea, raw ginger and lemon steeped in hot water, miso soup, fresh citrus or green juice)
-neti pot for sinus congestion
-salt water gargle for sore throat
-steam therapy (breathe in steam from a pot or hot shower for several minutes)
-if possible, fresh air from opening the windows or sitting in the garden (I live in a city where this is not possible for me)
-echinacea tincture taken directly after exposure or early onset of symptoms (not useful once symptoms progress)

Much of this nutrition therapy info comes from this video:

As far as some of these drug therapies go, I'm not comfortable taking anything without first speaking with my doctor. If I do develop covid, I'll speak to her right away and get her take on which drugs, if any, would be helpful or necessary. Hopefully it won't come to that, as I am low risk.
Great list!
Tulsi tea (aka holy/sacred basil) is another fluid to consider. It has anti-inflammatory & anti-viral properties, as well as other health benefits. It's used for respiratory illnesses in Ayurvedic medicine. You should be able to purchase it in Whole Foods or any health food store. It's pretty amazing stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As the world is fighting with COVID-19 pandemic, attention is shifting to different ways of strengthening the immune system. It becomes necessary because coronavirus 2 respiratory syndrome (SARS-CoV-2) infection impacts the immune system a lot.

A balanced diet includes various minerals and vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K, and micronutrients such as chloride, calcium, sodium, zinc, potassium, and phosphorus. These vitamins and minerals help maintain general wellbeing and most importantly strengthen the immune system. If your body is suffering from a lack of vitamins and minerals it may lead to a poor immune state.
COVID-19 sometimes comes with cold and flu-like symptoms and respiratory issues which have a direct impact on our immune system. However, vitamins B, C, and D, and zinc are helpful in boosting the immune system and fight covid. In this article, we will discuss the best vitamins to take for covid and strong immunity.

Vitamins for Covid Immunity

Vitamins are helpful in boosting your immune system and fighting the illness. In the same way, they can also help you get over cold or flu-like symptoms. Below mentioned is a detailed description of how Vitamins are helpful in strengthening the immune system to prevent covid.
● Vitamin C
Vitamin C is helpful in fighting covid symptoms and it will be best if you take it prior before getting sick. Vitamin C works as an antioxidant which is helpful in reducing inflammation and a severe symptom of the pandemic which may lead to respiratory distress or even death. So if you think you’re healthy, you should start taking vitamin C now.
You can easily find Vitamin C in these Food sources: Orange, grapefruit, strawberries, broccoli, brussels sprouts, spinach, cantaloupe, and much more.
● Vitamin D
Vitamin D is helpful in maintaining blood levels of phosphorus and calcium in our body, which you can get through exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays or through supplements and the food you eat. It is also helpful in protecting you from respiratory infections.
You can easily find Vitamin D in these Food sources: Milk, cheese, egg yolks, salmon, tuna, juices, sardines, fortified cereals, etc.
● Zinc
Zinc is also beneficial in reducing symptoms such as cough, sore throat, nasal drainage, nasal congestion, etc. It is found to help in producing and activating T-cells which trigger the body and respond to infections.
You can easily find Zinc in these Food sources: Dairy, seed/ nuts, whole grains, eggs, meat, shellfish, legumes, etc.
● Melatonin
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone produced by the brain that regulates healthy sleep. You can also take it in the form of a dietary supplement which may be effective in improving sleep and treat headaches, anxiety, and other health conditions.

Researchers have focused on the melatonin effect on COVID-19 and the vaccines created to prevent it.

On the basis of the Cleveland Clinic study, melatonin may help in preventing COVID-19 symptoms and treatment of Covid-19 due to its antioxidant and inflammatory effects. It can also reduce the symptoms of patients getting COVID-19 by 28%.

Above mentioned are the Best Vitamins for Covid symptoms prevention. Our body consists of various cells, processes, and chemicals that constantly work against viruses, bacteria, and toxins by keeping the immune system healthy and preventing infection and disease.

Simply, to boost your immune system you need to make healthy lifestyle choices which include healthy sleep and a balanced diet having minerals and vitamins to prevent Covid.

In addition, research findings show that supplements of some vitamins and minerals potentially protect against illness and help in improving the immune system.

Most importantly, some supplements are appropriate with the over-the-counter medications you’re taking. But some supplements may not be appropriate for people having certain medical history or complications in health conditions. Therefore, you should talk with your doctor before consuming any supplement.

Common Supplements Might Reduce COVID Severity

Pharmacists have questions about the supplements in the battle against the SARS-Cov-2 virus that causes COVID-19. According to research, supplements can reduce the risk of infection and the seriousness of symptoms.

According to the Eastern Virginia Medical School and other healthcare organizations vitamin D3 (1,000-4,000 IU per day), Vitamin C (500 mg), and quercetin (250 mg-500 mg twice a day) with melatonin (0.3 mg-2 mg) each night, and zinc (75 mg-100 mg per day).

What’s the reason behind recommending these supplements?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that has the power to protect the body from oxidative stress. Moreover, it has been used for years to reduce the symptoms of cough and cold. According to the meta-analysis of studies, more than 11,000 patients showed that the Vitamin C diet or supplement is helpful in reducing the risk of contracting colds. The most direct evidence for Vitamin C’s use n Covid- 19 is mentioned in the study published in February. It’s beneficial for patients having sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome caused by other viruses.

On the other hand, Zinc is also essential for the immune- system as it helps in immune cell development. Also, it helps in reducing the risk of contracting respiratory infections. Zinc supplement consumption can also reduce the number of days of recovery if someone has a cold or other respiratory infection.

Melatonin is most commonly used to boost sleep and reduce anxiety, which leads to improving the immune system. It reduces inflammation in the lungs and the most challenging complications of fibrosis in patients who have COVID-19.

According to a U.S. study by Thomas Carpenter, MD, an endocrinologist at Yale Medicine, low levels of Vitamin D had notable risk factors for COVID-19 patients. Also, its deficiency has been connected with asthma and other respiratory disorders. On the other hand, excess Vitamin D might overstimulate the immune system, which is risky for the kidney, heart, and COVID-19.
Conclusion
Through this article, you may get the answer to your question-What Vitamins should I take for Covid? You should take a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals. You can also take supplements for Vitamins to prevent covid symptoms and keep your immunity strong to fight with Covid.
If any patients who believe they have COVID-19 should be tested and consult their doctor if they test positive.

Resource: What Vitamins Should I Take For Covid

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
I would look into prone positioning (lying on your stomach) wrt COVID.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Several people here tested positive for COVID, runny nose, sore throat (which lingers), lost of taste.. mild fever when idle.. and then from there it drops into the chest. They've been having success with charcoal (coconut) which you can add to apple sauce or some food for a detox. I had the same symptoms but I was negative for covid after a antigen and PCR test. After talking to an immunologist he did note that high doses of vitamin C can impact the results of both tests. When I went to get my PCR I was on 70,000mg of vitamin C (Asorbic Acid). I was also taking thymus as one of the key roles of sars is to inhibit the thymus gland.

From what I've been seeing success is in the gut which is why ivermecitin seems to work so well.

Sad we have to get court orders for this ^ but okay to force a vaccine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A Nobel Prize winning drug for infectious disease that has studies showing effectiveness vs Covid Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19.

Or a deadly drug, called remdesivir, that only recently received FDA approval that at least one study had to be stopped for because too many people taking the drug were dying. A drug that causes body organs to stop functioning, in particular the kidneys. People have to go on dialysis after taking the drug which is oddly what is happening to Covid patients in the hospital. :unsure: Plus, as Deborah pointed out on this forum, remdesivir and its manufacturer Gilead have a very cozy relationship with the NIH.

It's the protocol killing people. Remdesivir plus the ventilator. That's the death sentence.
Seems to go right along with the data collected from hospital hvac systems. Especially board members that are vaccinated and when the microbe plates go out there is identifying microbes for sars-cov-2. Data is accurate as sensors monitor air at each room to try to improve air quality there. Get the stab and spread the love?

A lot of places, by law(OSHA), are required to have these systems in place but as of now we choose to ignore that data.

Curious to see what osha comes up with, their credibility is on the line as they has so much in place now. (Safety Wise).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts