Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I was admitted over Memorial Day weekend for 4-5 days... they thought I was in preterm labor but my FFN came back negative. They gave me the steroids anyway... then I was admitted on June 8th because my pre-e labs came back elevated- and was given another round of steriods- and managed to hold on until June 14th

My boys were born at 33 weeks 1 day, further than I thought I'd get- and they did wonderfully. Ryan was 3 lbs 10 oz and Dylan was 4 lbs 7 oz. Both were on c-pap for a very short time, just hours I think. By the time I was able to see them (after 24 hours on mag) Ryan was already off of the nasal cannula and Dylan soon followed. They both did a round under the bili lights.
Both boys had no issues eating, taking the bottles of pumped milk better than expected, and quickly moved up to full feeds. After only 12 days in the NICU, they are home! We are working on transitioning to the breast, Dylan seems to have it down pat, but Ryan needs some work.
I am so thankful our NICU stay was so short-lived this time!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
This is such amazing, wonderful, beautiful, tear-provoking news! I am so happy for you to all be home together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts