Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if MDC has homebirth Due Date clubs. I know that when I was pregnant with my DS there was a group of homebirthing Mama's that we're all in one area together. Does this still exist?
Thank you!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I know, back before I made the decision to homebirth, that our Nov Due Date club (Pregnancy forum) had a homebirth thread. I think it's been buried under other topics by now... I'd be curious if there was anything specific set up.
:

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlcampbellkidz
I would love to have a due date club with just home birth mammas, can we start one?
Yes, I think you can do anything you want to do! In the UC forum, they have due date clubs grouped in three month groups. So like a June/July/August group, etc. Or you could do Summer Babies/Fall Babies/Winter Babies, etc. All it takes is one post here in Homebirth to get going.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thanks everyone. I was not real excited about this pregancy, baby #3 when I first found out, just bad timing. I have a 3 yr, and 10 month old. We wanted more kids but I wasn't ready for this. But I know God's timing is always better than mine. And when my DH asked what midwife I was going to choose I about passed out. I have been begging and pleading for a home birth since our first pregnancy and he was just scared. For the last 3 years I have been gently sending HB info his way and introducing him to other dads that have experience HB. It has all payed off. We are now planning a home water birth with midwife Dinah Waranch in Dallas Texas.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just wondering if you are planning on going to the HAND meeting in july? Dinah is doing the talking and it's supposed to be about the safety in out of hospital birthing. I won't be in the states for it, but I'm sending my folks!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Another 9/05 homebirther! So, I'd love a due date club!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Hopes
Just wondering if you are planning on going to the HAND meeting in july? Dinah is doing the talking and it's supposed to be about the safety in out of hospital birthing. I won't be in the states for it, but I'm sending my folks!

Yes, I am hoping to attend. For those of you who dont know what HAND is its (Homebirth Association North Dallas) More for my hubby and I hope my mom will come with me too.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
just wanted to chime in and say that i was a part of that pregnant homebirthin' mamas thread last year when i was pregnant and then when our son was tiny. the thread started out of a need for support for homebirth that was absent in a due month club in the i'm pregnant forum, which was very frustrating to a few of us since mdc is for the most part a very supportive and welcoming environment. so we started a pregnant homebirthing mamas thread in the i'm pregnant forum, and then it got moved over here and buried in the homebirth forum... *sigh* we really wanted it in the i'm pregnant forum to continue to build awareness and support for homebirthing mamas, but alas, it was not to be.

so i'd say, just go ahead and start a new thread here and be inclusive to mamas due throughout the year since this forum is frequented less often than i'm pregnant. maybe you can even add a link to the thread in your signature to draw attention to it...???

peaceful pregnancies to all of you...

warmly,
claudia

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.