Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am newly pregnant, and in search of a midwife. I am in Groton and I have had two very fast labors and two longer labors. I'm fairly new to the area, so I would love some personal recommendations. And can anyone tell me the general cost of homebirth here?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autoemesiss View Post
Birth and Beyond in Madison is doing deliveries starting in September...if that helps.

That does help! That's when I'm due and I know they take my insurance which is amazing! Thanks, I'll give them a call.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autoemesiss View Post
Birth and Beyond in Madison is doing deliveries starting in September...if that helps.

Actually Vicki alone is going to be attending births for the month of September, but there are no long term plans on starting full time births again.
But there are other options in that area.

Joni Stone out of New Haven travels up to Groton, as well as Kim Cash out of the Willimantic area.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I recently birthed with Joni Stone and she was AMAZING!!!!
She has my highest recommendation!

In my experience the general cost of homebirth with a CPM around here is between $3000 and $4000.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Kim Cash is my midwife; I'm due in April. I am so happy with her.

If you can get in with Vicki and insurance covers it, great. Otherwise, you could just meet with the 4 CPM's and see whose personality best suits you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would also highly recommend Joni! She is amazing!
And Kim Cash was her assistant at my birth and although I didn't get a chance to know her well, she seemed wonderful!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.