Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Has anyone here recently had a homebirth in SLC that they were over the moon about?  I have a friend who lives there that is planning her first birth at home and is feeling ambivalent about her midwife.  She is looking for some word-of-mouth referrals in the SLC area.  Any personal experience with local midwives would be greatly appreciated!</p>

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
<p>Melissa Mayo and/or Chris ******!  Tons of experience! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>we had our HB with Melissa last fall.  She was awesome!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>PM me if you want numbers!</p>

·
Registered
618 Posts
<p>I second Chris and Melissa. Chris was our midwife with our DS, and is again this time around. And if for some reason Chris couldn't be our midwife, Melissa would be our second choice, even if she didn't work with Chris. We were very pleased with the way everything went with our DS, and we are happy with our care so far this time, and are looking forward to another wonderful homebirth!</p>

·
Registered
29 Posts
<p>Chris is my current midwife with this pregnancy and is even traveling to Wyoming to attend my hb!  Not only is she great and has that glow of someone who is generally good, but I know her apprentice midwife and we get along great too. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a friend in SLC who uses Brianna Blackwell and really likes her. </p>

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Becky McInnis is my midwife and she is wonderful! She owns The Birth Center (utahbirthcenter.com) and also does home births.

·
Registered
911 Posts
<p>Becky had to stop doing homebirths, the midwife she worked with had to stop due a conflict with her other employer. Sucks!! I was planning on a homebirth with her, I've been going to the birth center socials (which are pretty fun, they're at the birth center every 3rd Thursday) and so I'd really gotten to know her. Boo!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a consultation with Chris Wednesday after this one, I'm hoping she'll be a good fit!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>~Rose</p>

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Eh? I thought she had started doing them again. I know she did a homebirth with Adrianna's last baby. My bad!

·
Registered
911 Posts
<p>This was very recent, in the past two weeks or so. I had really wanted her for my homebirth in August and was all for it until the other midwife had to stop attending out of hospital births.</p>
<p><br>
~Rose</p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts