Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9,952 Posts
Right now, I'm seeing a homebirth midwife for my prenatal care, even though she can't deliver me. At the first appointment, she does give you orders for a complete obstetric panel. I can't say for sure that all do it, though--as I've only dealt with her.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Mine did and I'm fine with that, she is my care provider and she should know what she's dealing with, and some of that is info I can't provide but blood work can.

Word to the wise for insurance - my insurance does not cover homebirth with a CPM (only CNMs, which of course aren't allowed to attend homebirths
) so they would not cover my blood work ($225). That's fine, I expected as much, but I called my primary care physician after the fact and they told me that any future blood work my midwife would want, to call them and they would order it so that it would get covered. Don't know if every practice is as cool with homebirth as mine and would do that, but thought I'd pass that on.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
my mw doesn't order any bloodwork routinely. You could request it if you wanted it done, but I didn't.

· Registered
554 Posts
My midwife had me get the normal obstetric panel/pee in a cup after my 2 month appointment. I just went to a freestanding labwork company to get it done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.