Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to share my excitement. Today we were talking with some friends, and my friend who's pregnant said she was going to homebirth. Before today whenever I'd talk about homebirth with my DH, he'd act like it was crazy. But now he's really open to the idea. I think it's just because someone he actually knows is going to do it. It's not just the "crazy" people who do it.

·
Registered
24,944 Posts
Are there still people out there who think homebirth is crazy?

I was born at home - fifty years ago. My children were too. (64 yrs ago, 37, 34, 32, 25 years ago.)

Most people have been born at home. (up to James Earl Carter, all presidents were born at home.)

I am glad your DH is now open to the idea - I just hope it works our for your friend, because if it does not, he may go back to thinking it is a crazy idea.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yippee! That's always good for the husbands to know that it's not another one of your crazy ideas! I've had lots of those since we got married, and esp. since having kids! I've changed dh's views on birth and parenting, esp. Very cool. Glad your dh is on board now with hb!

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;"><i>Originally posted by applejuice</i><br><b>Are there still people out there who think homebirth is crazy?<br></b></td>
</tr></table></div>
Yes. My MIL and my SIL both think I'm absolutely INSANE.

Reactions: applejuice
1 - 4 of 4 Posts