Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had it. I have a great mw who turned into a med-wifr since I saw her last, and is at a different hospital. where they are really backwards. So I interviewed the ONLY other CNM group in my area that takes my insurance, and I loved them, but after this month, they arent sure the hospital is going to keep them on! AAAH! I can't take it!
So, my question is, what is the birth without any attendants all about? WHere/how would I learn about that? Dh delivered both of my other 2 kids, and is open to it provided we find out more. I am also searching for a homebirth midwife, with NO luck, if you can believe that. I really could cry right now...any help would be great. TIA

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I guess I am not totally sure what you are asking. Do you mean your dh caught your babes inthe hospital before? If you are referring to an unassisted homebirth or freebirth, there are lots of great sites. There's www.ucbirth.com or www.birthlove.com, www.birthkeeper.com, oh, and what's Laurie Morgan's site? You could do a search.

Also you could read some threads under homebirth. Does this help? maybe more specific questions? There are tons of books and online groups too. Good luck

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what to ask, b/c other than the mention of it here and there on MDC, I didn't know people did it! Dh delivered both kids with a midwives supervision. She just told him what to do, and let him do it!
I am going to checck out those sites, thanks so much!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I was completely in oyur shoes 3 years ago! Only, my midwife stayed the same, and my requirements of her changed...she couldn't deal with being as hands-off as she professed to be

I got the best info from www.unassistedchildbirth.com and from the cbirth yahoo group. It takes a while to get through the messages on cbirth, but after a while you do extract some pretty good info. The cbirth list is where I did a lot of my heavt thinking, and realizing that the things that went wrong with my previous births could have been a direct result of the people and environment I had around me.

Let me tell you, it was sooooo freeing to hear my husband say "Stop stressing about finding a midwife! Why don't you look into doing it ourselves instead?" I spent that whole evening online searching, and I'm glad I took the time, because I've learned a lot, and had a completely intervention-free perfect-outcome birth.....our first out of 5. Obviously, we're planning to do the same this time around, minus stressing about the freaky midwife

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Hi! I don't know if any of the websites you've been refered to are Laura Shanley's website, but I remember finding a lot of useful info on her website.

Honestly if he's already been at 2 births, and caught 2, there's isn't much else he could learn beyond the midwfery section in Spirirtual Midwifery. Dp never got around to reading the info I hgave him and he did great.

I also found lots of great unassisted birth stories just by searching thorugh yahoo or ask. com.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.