Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
That was an awesome read! What a big boy, yeesh. Mine's supposedly big but I'm really hoping he's not THAT big!
:innocent

You've made me feel better about the possibility of birthing "late" (whatever that even means...babies are like wizards, they arrive precisely when they mean to!). I just hit 39 weeks and my OB's trying to tell me that I will be induced at 41 weeks, like it or not. I really want a natural birth so that didn't go over well, obviously. I think as long as baby and I are still doing well, there's absolutely no reason to do anything besides wait for him to show up.

Your midwife sounds like a great lady, that's exactly what I'd want in a caregiver! Support and encouragement while respecting your wishes...what a beautiful idea. There aren't any midwives or doulas in my area, but I'm definitely never seeing this OB again after my son's born; she thinks the only answers are medical answers, and she's damned pushy.

Congrats on your wonderful homebirth and your big, healthy boy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.