Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are all getting excited about the upcoming homebirth of DS - but almost three year old DD has become almost impossible! I know most of her personality changes are related to the age she is at - but some must be related to the arrival of a new sibling. She throws fits almost every day now, is night-waking with nightmares and leg cramps, she has trouble being put to sleep, she is just a different child altogether these days. I have read all the books and we are not putting any pressure on her - but - here is the thing - I am concerned that she will choose labor and birthing as a time to just throw a full-on fit and it will just be too distracting! We have people to come and get her, etc. but it just makes me sad to think that she might have a negative association with the birth. I guess if I am smart I will have her go play at a friends house when she is happy - at the beginning of labor - rather than waiting until later. Oh, well. Anyone else dealing with this issue?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are doing quite a bit better these days. It seems that once we tried to incorporate naps a little more into our day most of the crabbiness went away. She has four or five dolls and we talk about how she can come and lay with Mommy on the bed while "we" all nap and she can bring her doll.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.