Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gearing up to have a homebirth here in MI any day now. This is our second, but we are in a different county with a different midwife this time. Last time our midwife had a form we filled out for the birth certificate, and she signed it at the birth. This time, our midwife doesn't have one and our county wants us to have one. I can't seem to find it anywhere. The county has been playing dumb and the clerk my husband talks to just claims to not have a clue.

Anyone have a copy I can get through e-mail of this form?

· Registered
804 Posts
PM me your address and I can send you a birth certificate worksheet in the mail. Your midwife should be able to get these from any county here in Michigan without any problems what-so-ever.. then you will have to bring the worksheet in to county clerk along with your husband, baby and probably something signed by the midwife if your county clerk doesnt recognize her as a local homebirth midwife..

· Registered
1,138 Posts
The county clerk's offices don't usually stock these forms, but your midwife can get a pad of them by contacting the state BVS office. last time I knew she could ask Ellen Anderson for the forms. 517-335-9826

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothercat View Post
The county clerk's offices don't usually stock these forms, but your midwife can get a pad of them by contacting the state BVS office. last time I knew she could ask Ellen Anderson for the forms. 517-335-9826
Thank you. My husband called our local hospital today and got the name of another woman I'm assuming is in the same office as Ellen. Number was the same only last four slightly different. I will have to call them on Monday. I will have to pass this info onto our midwife and see if she's interested in getting the form, too.

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JunipersMom View Post
PM me your address and I can send you a birth certificate worksheet in the mail. Your midwife should be able to get these from any county here in Michigan without any problems what-so-ever.. then you will have to bring the worksheet in to county clerk along with your husband, baby and probably something signed by the midwife if your county clerk doesnt recognize her as a local homebirth midwife..
Would you be willing to mail me one still? I will pm you my address. Thank you!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.