Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us are planning homebirths?

Have you started any prepping yet? What will that include?

Do you have essential oils or gemstones that you will have lined up? Anything that is out of the norm, (besides having a baby at home)?

One thing I did early on was have my master bedroom painted and redecorated it. I want to have my carpets cleaned so I'm not thinking about how filthy they are when I'm in labor. Going to stick some candles in our bathroom so I don't have to be blinded. Thinking about getting a shower chair.

·
Registered
446 Posts
last time I cleaned my bathroom. This time I'll prob. do the same, since that seems to be my delivery room of choice. Not sure if I'll be having a UA homebirth (my preference, did it once) or basically UA hospital birth (hubby's choice, did that twice). I have had very manageable quick L&D 3 times now, hoping for a similar experience this go-round.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We just got our list from the mid-wife of stuff to buy for the birth. We were an unexpected hospital transfer last time so we didn't use a lot of the stuff we bought, which means less to get together this time. I'm planning on doing an actual deep clean of the house. I don't think we've done anything but spot cleaning since we bought the house with our 2 month old at the time. So it's time since we won't be able to for another 2 years! ;) I am going to try the tub this birth so there are some tarps and extra towels that we need. I'm also getting together coconut water, smoothies, broth and snacks. I'm also considering putting together a music list. I'm not a huge music person but it might be helpful. I'm just not sure if it would be helpful enough to make the time it would take putting it together worth it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This will be our second home birth, and I am getting my team together. The midwife is provided by the State system, but it was nice to have my mother-in law there last time for support. She kept the coffee and tea and food going for my husband and the midwife, as well as keeping the water temp good in the birthing pool. She also cleaned up everything afterwards, so hubby and I could just be there with baby. Sister-in-law was our video/camera girl and will be again, and this time, a good family friend will be there to be in charge of our 4yo son. He wants to be there for the birth, but there will be a lot of down time where he'll just want to play Lego or sleep, and I don't want to have to worry about him. This lady was there at my husband's birth (she shared a house with mil, fil, and a couple of other couples), so it'll be really special for her to be here.

We have the birthing pool, I'm making a playlist to complement my hypnobabies scripts, and hubby has bought some low wattage bulbs for the hallway and bathroom, and we'll also have candles. I'm getting excited about it :)

Reactions: CarrieCo

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Homebirther here. This will be our 3rd. Everything is all gathered and ready, except our birth pool, which we get next Tuesday. Anyone want to share snack list? We are terrible at keeping decent food stores in the house and this is something I need to do, although labor #1 was 16 hours long and I wasn't interested in eating at all and labor #2 was 6 hours from realizing I was maybe in labor during church service to having baby with us and there was DEFINITELY no time to eat.

Also we need to sort of solidify childcare for the other two kids. We have a bunch of friends who we could theoretically call to take them, but I need to pack a bag for the kids and just reconfirm with all of them that they are open to a 3am phone call :) No family around here to help.

Reactions: CarrieCo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts