Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made cream cheese following the recipie in the NT book but I used store-bought yogurt since it was all I had. I tried a little bit of the cream chesse today and seemed really sour, not at all like the store bought cream cheese I love. Did I do something wrong? Does it come out better using homemade yogurt or buttermilk? Does anyone have a cream cheese recipie that works really well for them? Thanks so much

·
Registered
268 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by snugglebug14
I made cream cheese following the recipie in the NT book but I used store-bought yogurt since it was all I had. I tried a little bit of the cream chesse today and seemed really sour, not at all like the store bought cream cheese I love. Did I do something wrong? Does it come out better using homemade yogurt or buttermilk? Does anyone have a cream cheese recipie that works really well for them? Thanks so much
I don't make it because I don't like the taste. I don't think it's anything like the cream cheese I like. I usually buy Organic Valley cream cheese. At least it's organic, and (so they claim) grassfed.

Ann

1 - 2 of 2 Posts