Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Right now we use free & clear type detergents because of sensitive skin/eczema issues. I want to switch to homemade detergent after this last bottle of commercial stuff is gone, but I don't want to use anything that will irritate us. Any recommendations for good recipes and products that will be okay for my sensitive family?</p>

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
<p>I always used free and clear but thought I would try the homemade and see how it went. I had no problem at all. I use the basic recipe with the fells naptha. The soap had a scent in the bottle, and when I add it to the washer. But the clothes never smell like it. They just smell clean and scent free. And no skin issues at all.</p>

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
<p>We have sensitive skin as well and use both the Free & Clear and sometimes homemade soap - three bars of Fels Naptha soap, one box of Borax and two boxes Arms & Hammer can give you 100 loads of laundry.  Add some vinegar to your rinse cycle so that the it keeps the lines in your washing machine clean as well.  A trip that I received from a friend of mine who makes her own and sells it locally. </p>

·
Registered
846 Posts
<p>you can just use viniger really it doesnt make you clothes smell vingery also if you trying to make your own to save money maybe try onley useing soap on thereally smelly loads I was supried how clean my clothes were wuth no soap I guess it build up or something</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts