Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do baby wipes with your CD's?  Until I can borrow my MIL's serger to make the wipes I want, I have a stack of soft baby washcloths to use. 

·
Registered
51 Posts
I cut up an old flannel sheet into squares and used a regular sewing machine to do a wide stitch around the edge to keep it from unravelling. They are not the most elegant or beautiful wipes possible, but they do the trick.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ordered two yards of this fabric: http://organiccottonplus.com/collections/knits-interlock/products/interlock-60

It is SUPER soft and seems really nice. I asked the lady at the company what she would suggest for this time of thing and she told me point me in the direction of this fabric. I wanted a fabric that I could cut into squares that wouldn't fray when washed. I didn't want to sew a million little edges. We will see how it holds up after July. :)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
When I used cloth wipes in the past (no longer do with twins..just too much for me right now) I used flannel squares that I simply serged over the cut ends to prevent fraying. I kept them in a large, pretty glass jar with a lid to stay moist. They were actually really cute!

Baby washcloths would work, as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts