Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for a homemade, natural liquid to use instead of regular diaper wipes. To be used with cotton balls/ cloth wipes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
638 Posts
This is my fav:

3/4 cup distilled water

1/4 cup aloe vera juice

3 drops NutriBiotic grapefruit seed extract (GSE) *

1 drop of lavender essential oil or orange essential oil (optional)

Fill a container (either a disposable wipe container or a plastic storage container from the kitchen) with cloth wipe
Mix solution in a small bowl or cup
Pour over wipes
Use these wipes through out the day to wipe tushies, hands and faces!

OR
Mix all ingredients in a small pop-top bottle
Make sure top is closed tightly and shake well
Apply directly to Baby's tushie or on cloth wipe

The aloe vera is both soothing and healing while the grapefruit seed extract (GSE) gently kills bacteria, viruses and fungus that can lead to diaper rash or infection. Makes a great hand and face wash too!

You can add a few drops of apricot kernel oil if you want a moisturizing solution.

*Do not use GSE full strength! This will result in severe irritation. MUST BE DILUTED!

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
We just use a squirt bottle of tap water. I like the *idea* of a nice smelling wipe solution, but the reality of making it and keeping a bottle filled all the time means I would never actually do it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DD had horrible diaper rash all the time no matter what. I tried everything, including just water. SO I wanted to try something a little more advanced on the homemade scale for this one. Making a wipe solution never even occured to me when she was a baby. Thanks for the ideas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.