Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We do the influenzium remedy that has the years 'strains' in it. We do 3 pills 30C every 2 weeks.  So my question is - I LOVE coffee - decaf and a little regular.  So do I have to be coffee free the whole 2 weeks in between dosages, or is it okay to just not have coffee for a few days after the remedy?</p>

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>I am concerned about the coffee knocking out the effectiveness of the remedy. I want the remedy to work.  But you aren't supposed to have coffee, mint, etc when you are on a remedy. </p>

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
<p>Well, I guess I'm not the best person to ask I don't tend to believe that.  I think it's possible in super sensitive people and *maybe* if it's specifically listed as an antidote for the particular remedy you are taking. I still say if you regularly have coffee and don't experience adverse side effects I wouldn't personally worry about it.  If the remedy has something to work on, it will work.  Prophylaxis is a whole different ball game, but still...there are places in the world where people put their remedies in coffee and it still works. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dh drinks a few cups of coffee a day and his remedy works brilliantly.  I would probably be able to stop the action of mine with coffee because a. I don't drink it ever and b. a sip will keep me up all night.  I'd burn right through a remedy.  that said, all I'd need to do is take it again.  Remedies just aren't as fragile as people think, IMO.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts