Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this also int he allergies forum, but have gotten no responses, so thought I might ask here as well.

A few weeks after my daughter was born, I developed a very itchy, burny rash on my forehead and upper back. A derm diagnosed it as allergic dermatitis and prescribed a cortisone cream, which I felt uncomfortable using as I am breastfeeding. She also prescribed Allegra which I also didn't take due to BF'ing. Fast forward to 4 months later and this rash is now on my arms, chest, face, ears, back, eyelids, and hip. It itches unbelievably.

The allergist did a skin prick test and found I am allergic to dust mites, mold, and cockroaches, but it could be chemicals (lotion, soap, hair products,m fabric softener....) causing the problem too (now dx as eczema). No food allergies were detected with that test. Clearly our nasty apartment (luxury apartment supposedly too) is killing me (old, old carpet, mold problems, bad air ducts, roaches I see on occasion). Nothing I can do about that though, really

They gave this stuff called Elidel to use on my face, also a cortisone cream (didn't use it), and also prescribed allegra (haven't taken it due to Bf'ing). We had discussed my breastfeeding in detail, so thinking she wouldn't prescribe something dangerous, I foolishly and desperately used the Elidel cream for one week on my face, and it was like miracle... However, once I researched it out of curiosity, I found it is a horrible drug that has the strongest warning possible by the FDA and can cause cancer, should never be given to breastfeeding mamas, can cause illness (which it did for me - my lymph nodes on either side of my face swelled up HUGE and now I know why, and it gave me diarrhea and nausea).

Okay, so now what do I do? I am in pain and itching so bad I can't sleep often. I am also loking pretty ugly, which is very upsetting really even if it is trivial, as my skin was always exceptional. I don't trust docs now (didn't really before, but didn't know who else to go to for help..).

I need a homeopathic remedy for the itching and redness if possible,and maybe some diet tips or something to help? I am seriously getting frantic with this and worry I might actually hurt myself because I am getting sort of illogical from it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts