Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I guess this is a somewhat general homeopathy question rather than specific to oscillo.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Firstly, I should acknowledge that I'm sadly skeptical but simultaneously hopeful about homeopathy.  And I'm trying to learn but don't feel up to trying to read the Hahnemman(?sp?) book and don't know where to start so I poke around the web and here...  Also, I'm a passionate Catholic and can't tell if/where various homeopathic approaches conflict with my faith (would love PMs on that ;) )</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've tried a few boiron products (Cold Calm, but didn't use according to the directions, and "Chestal," a cough liquid containing a number of homeopathic remedies) and have never noticed help from either of them.  A while back I tried something for a yeast infection and didn't notice improvement from it, either.  I don't recall the manufacturer or what it was so that's perhaps moot except it's another instance of homeopathy "not working" for me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, I'm still optimistic about homeopathy!  I really dislike pharmaceuticals, and would love some "tricks up my sleeve" for various symptoms in addition to our striven-for nutritional support. I've gone to Panserbjorne's "Taylor Homeopathy" website countless times and wondered, "would DH let me consult with her!?!?!"  I'm drawn to the idea of homeopathy but haven't yet seen anything work for myself.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>my initial question:  I'd like to have oscillo (and I've read PB say that you can really just look for anas barbariae hepatis et cordis but I'm looking at iherb.com and they just seem to carry Boiron) on hand for the cold/flu season.  Was thinking of getting a $$$ pack of 18 tubes from iherb.  But recently read that the amount of remedy (pardon my wording if I'm off; hope this makes sense) in one pellet is the same as in five pellets or something.  So I could use a small amount of the tube, and save it for another dose in 6 hrs and really get many doses out of one tube???  Is that for real?!  what's up with that?  should I just buy the small box and use tiny amounts?</p>

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
<p>I recently had a flu- like virus and using Oscillo really seemed to help as long as I stayed on top of it. I used a small portion of the tube over the course of 2-3 days, I took 3 pellets as needed so sometimes every half an hour and sometimes every two or four hours.</p>

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Emily, thanks for sharing.  So for you, using just a few pellets worked and you still have some remaining in the tube?  I'm having a hard time getting the idea of a small amount of something working as well as a larger amount... but it sounds like that's how it worked for you.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts