Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I am a homeschooling mom to my two daughters, currently doing 3 yo and 4 yo preschool.  The oldest will move on to homeschool K this fall.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I first began researching homeschooling, lots of people would say "Oh, there's tons of groups in Des Moines" or "There are a lot more homeschoolers than you'd think!".  I've found plenty of groups for conventions, large social gatherings, online support, and legal support, but I haven't been able to find any co-ops.  What I'm looking for is something a few times a month, where homeschool moms (or dads) get together and take turns doing a lesson plan.  If anybody knows of one, or can point me in the right direction, that'd be great!  I've tried searching meetup, yahoo groups, etc and nothing is coming up.</p>

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
<p>i live 45 minutes out of DM.  I have never found a real co-op either.  sadly, i'd love one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>the boys are i are in DM a lot and intrested in events and get to togehers and so on</p>

·
Registered
7 Posts
<p>i am not currently homeschooling but i will be when my son is old enough he is one now but i would love to talk to other mamas about this and would love chat. im not sure if you guys are on facebook but find me if you are. Nicole Peterman. I just joined this site and i am bad at keeping up on this stuff but im always on ha ha.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts