Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi! I'm in Clarksville, but can tell you that yes, there are boocoodles of hsers in Nashville. You'll have tons of support. Google "homeschooling Middle Tennessee" and you'll find lots of links. Nashville is full of wonderful, educational places to take kids too. I wish we could make it down there more often to take advantage of things ourselves! We went to the Frist Center on Tuesday for a tour and will be going to the homeschool days at the Adventure Science Museum in January. Have fun starting this journey!

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
http://www.tnhomeed.com/Contents.html

what, here? you can take your kid out whenever you feel like it, to the best of my knowledge. (i'm not dealing with davidson co, but i have found mine to be exceptionally easy to deal with.) admittedly i am between age groups right now (post & pre registration.)

these are a couple of necessary & much recommended yahoo groups to join, btw: tnhmsch-legislation, & tennhomeschoolers. joining these will hook you up to most answers you need.

good luck, hope to see you in playgroup one day :p (if i ever get my sorry butt down there again, i've been lazy. it's a bigger drive than i'd prefer.)

susan

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd imagine that with all the Hurricane Katrina evacuees/refugees/victims/whatever they're called at the moment this year, the late registration fees aren't much of an issue. I've also known people who have just pulled their kids out of school and didn't bother registering until the following academic year. And (could I babble any more?) you might look into the church-related schools. Some of them don't require a statement of faith and don't intervene in what you choose for a curriculum. HTH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.