Mothering Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I do understand the desire to homeschool despite financial crisis. We had a money meltdown in 2008, thought we would have to sell our house, lost all our savings just trying to keep afloat. But we decided we would continue to homeschool instead of me taking on a job. We made it through by the skin of our teeth, we have debt to pay off and are in rough shape financially.

But I have to agree with Frugalmama, one hospital stay could bankrupt you. We had health insurance, we were lucky. But I think, personally, that would be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I would only work if dh were home to watch the kids while I was working. I stopped working after it was an issue for employers when I took off for a sick child.I had no choice since dh is gone.It became such a worry and hassle.

With your degree you could also work for an online charter school.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm, money is the need of all. You're doing homeschooling which's great but you should improve your skill to get some more extra money. Please don't say that it's not a big field as my friend offering copy key services and he is earning a good amount. He is improving on a daily and he works with the focus these are the keys to his success.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I am just in college and when I entered I was looking for how to increase my chances of a positive result, I read a lot of literature on this topic and also asked like you for advice in groups and found a lot of advice that often contradicted each other and from everything what I found then I remembered this article How To Write a Scholarship Essay That Certainly Wins - EssayEdge on the advice from it I wrote my essay! I think it will help you too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would forego homeschooling in order to ensure that we have health insurance, but with my work experience (zero) and skill set (cooking and childcare), it would be tough for me to find a job that gave benefits or paid enough to acquire private plans for the family. Once there was not enough money to pay the rent. I was lucky that I quickly found https://paydaysay.com/what-are-emergency-loans-for-rent.php with the necessary information. As a result, it would be up to DH to locate a job with benefits.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts