Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>So, I'm actually from Tennessee, but my family is on vacation in Homestead visiting my husband's parents. We flew down on Friday night, and Saturday morning, in the light of day, I noticed that my almost 5 month old son's left ear was completely blocked up by what looked like dried blood/pus. He had done fine on the flight - I imagine if the pressure changes had done something to his eardrum he would have screamed bloody murder, but he didn't. He did fuss a couple of times, but I nursed him and he seemed to do fine, even falling asleep a couple of times. When I noticed the dried blood, I cleaned it up, although I could still see some pus or something down in his ear canal, further than I was willing to dig with a q-tip. Today, his ear was emitting a slight smell, so we're thinking maybe infection (?). I put some drops of hydrogen peroxide in it, and it fizzed up almost immediately, but seemed to help a little.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He's had some earwax issues in that ear in the past, but our pediatrician has looked in his ears and has not voiced any concerns about it. But with the way it looked yesterday, I'd really like to take him in to have it checked before we get on a plane again next week. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My question is, can anyone recommend a really good, more holistically/naturally-minded pediatrician or pediatric ENT in the Homestead area? Or even Miami - I'm willing to drive. And someone who would probably take an appointment from a new patient in the next couple of days? I know - a lot to ask. But I want to make sure DS's ear is okay before we fly back home next week.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you so much for any help anyone can give me!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>~Amy</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts