Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, those of you with Honeyboys:

Could you do me a favor?

I have three "medium" Honeyboys now by two different wahms--all won on eBay. Two are the same size, and one is larger. Could anyone with a medium give me the measurement from tab to tab across the back of the diaper? I'm wondering if the larger "medium" isn't, in fact, a large--then again, maybe my other "mediums" aren't in fact mediums..

The larger one also doesn't seem to have the same amount of "stretch" in the elastic. It will only stretch about an inch. Is this normal? My other two have a tighter elastic and fit really snugly across the back.

TIA!

-Melissa. "confused, because it looks like she has two different sizes, but everyone's using the same pattern!"

·
Registered
144 Posts
DS is sleeping right now, so I can't get you the measurements of the ones I purchased from Simple Good Diapers. However, I purchased the pattern to make my own and the medium is about 14 1/2 inches from wing-to-wing (not including the tabs).
As far as the stretch goes, that all depends on how the elastic was added to the diaper and will vary by WAHM.
HTH

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm.. that's about the size across the back of mine. It just doesn't make sense to me, though..
: My ds is 30lbs (with chucky thighs and all) and the smaller mediums fit him like a glove, but this one will definately be too large. (Not that it's a big deal--he'll grow into it
).

It's 8" wide through the gusset, and about 19" long fron middle-front to middle-back. So this is a medium?

I'll have to go and measure the other one.. :LOL

Is there any place online that gives the measurements (not the weight ranges) for the different sizes?

Thanks!

-Melissa.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
K my large is 12 1/2 unstretched across the back, 16 1/2 stretched. (not including tabs, which add another 4 in) 21 in from back to front.

My med are 11 1/2 unstretched across the back, and 15 stretched (again not including tabs) and about 18 1/2 from back to front.

The large is too big for my 26 lb er at the moment, but the meds fit him great!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Super! Thanks so much! It sounds like my larger dipe is definately a medium, then--albeit with ess stretch through the back than yours (mine's about 13.5" unstretched).

I'll have to go measure my smaller mediums, as it looks like they may be the ones with the discrepancy!

-Melissa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one I have that is *definately* a medium (thanks for everyone's help, of course
), is by Bums-a-Daisy (orangenappy on eBay) and the other two are by MamaLove (saharamama on eBay). They are all very well made and I'm very happy with them--just confused by the very different sizes! :LOL

-Melissa.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mum2Isaac&Solomon
The one I have that is *definately* a medium (thanks for everyone's help, of course
), is by Bums-a-Daisy (orangenappy on eBay) and the other two are by MamaLove (saharamama on eBay). They are all very well made and I'm very happy with them--just confused by the very different sizes! :LOL

-Melissa.
It makes me feel great everytime I see a thumbs up for a Canadian WAHM. Way to go Dara & Jes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.