Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:puke

How did I ever miss THIS one?

http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/lampshad.htm
(Can you imagine an intact man wanting such a thing?)

People who circ their kids & see no problems with it need to really, really THINK what they are doing to the psyches of otherwise normal children. Circumcision breeds fetishists, circumcisors, & men who hate & want to hurt women.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,780 Posts
?wow?
I thought I had seen everything. I'm going to be severly disturbed by that for a while. I really do think most circ'ed guys(and even your average fetishist) would be too. That's got to be a special type of weird.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Oh, the irony!

Quote:
The mellow light shed by the foreskins produces an enviable atmosphere of calm and romance.
Wasn't that done with the skin of the Jews at concentration camps, as well? Lampshades? I think I read that. There are no words.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mntnmom View Post
?wow?
I thought I had seen everything. I'm going to be severly disturbed by that for a while. I really do think most circ'ed guys(and even your average fetishist) would be too. That's got to be a special type of weird.
Not every kid who grows up whipped with a strap goes on to desire full-scale formal S & M, but I think British males of the public schools of decades past would vouch that it has an effect.

Not every circ'd guy wants him a wallet or false foreskin (does such a hideous thing have a name? All I can think of is some freakish merkin), but I will just about guarantee NO intact men do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerTail View Post
Circumcision breeds fetishists, circumcisors, & men who hate & want to hurt women. (Can you imagine an intact man wanting such a thing?)

My abuser was intact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
I do not believe this,,,no really I have to believe this is a SICK joke!! Please let me saty in my own little ignorant world when it comes to this.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minky View Post
My abuser was intact.
'(w)ant such a thing', referring to the products on the link.

We are barely-civilized chimpanzees, and rape & violence are natural consequences of our biology. My rapist was circ'd (as are most of the American men of his generation). Your abuser's intact status wouldn't even be an issue in a culture where that was the norm.

It probably was a lot more physically painful in my circumstance than it would've been, due to the length & violence of the attack, but it's hardly a pissing contest, & either is horrible.

I don't think admitting that violence perpetuates violence somehow negates that intact human beings are capable of being just as ugly. Doesn't mean we should add to the ugliness with more torture & abuse.

Not to mention, what was done to us is universally acknowledged as a crime that scarred our psyches almost beyond human endurance, but the far worse scenario baby boys endure daily & that men must come to terms with, is brushed off as trivial, a nothingness. A joke.

Would I say circ is worse than a 3 hour violent rape that I didn't know I would live through, that nearly killed me in the subsequent year while I starved myself, cut myself, & otherwise lost my will to live? Absolutely. I'd go through it all again repeatedly rather than let my children be mutilated.

It's that bad.

If that was a painful post to read, more so to write. I didn't bring it up, & haven't even wanted to discuss it in private fora. But to make this point, I'll publicly rip open my rape scar. No more circumcision. No more children hurt.

NO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Suse, I am so sorry that happened to you.
What a living nightmare. I just don't know what to say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
*Gigantic hugs for TigerTail.*

I think the main difference between most violent rape and infant circumcision is that the victim of rape remembers.

Of course, that doesn't justify doing it. For instance, if someone tortured an adult, and then somehow made them forget, that wouldn't make it okay by a long shot. Same with rape. Same with genital mutilation.

On the other hand, circumcision permanently physically alters the victim in a way that I doubt most rapes do. And, as you mentioned, it's really hard to deal with such things when you get nearly zero support or comfort from anyone around you.

Dunno... as someone who's never experienced rape, I'm always wary of making comparisons. But I do know that I feel violated and betrayed by my parents, and those aren't easy feelings to deal with. And I also know that the permanent amputation is something I will always be aware of, and I'll always know that I can never get that body part back, and that I'll never know what it's like to have it.
And it's a really cold feeling imagining back to when it happened, and realizing that there was absolutely no one--no one--out of all the people that loved me that ever even tried to protect me. No one.

I feel really terrible for you TigerTail. I've always assumed violent rape was worse... but, I've never experienced it. I really, really, really wish someone had been there to help you. :-(
*Big hugs.*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
*Gigantic hugs for TigerTail.*

I think the main difference between most violent rape and infant circumcision is that the victim of rape remembers.

Of course, that doesn't justify doing it. For instance, if someone tortured an adult, and then somehow made them forget, that wouldn't make it okay by a long shot. Same with rape. Same with genital mutilation.

On the other hand, circumcision permanently physically alters the victim in a way that I doubt most rapes do. And, as you mentioned, it's really hard to deal with such things when you get nearly zero support or comfort from anyone around you.

Dunno... as someone who's never experienced rape, I'm always wary of making comparisons. But I do know that I feel violated and betrayed by my parents, and those aren't easy feelings to deal with. And I also know that the permanent amputation is something I will always be aware of, and I'll always know that I can never get that body part back, and that I'll never know what it's like to have it.
And it's a really cold feeling imagining back to when it happened, and realizing that there was absolutely no one--no one--out of all the people that loved me that ever even tried to protect me. No one.

I feel really terrible for you TigerTail. I've always assumed violent rape was worse... but, I've never experienced it. I really, really, really wish someone had been there to help you. :-(
*Big hugs.*
I remember someone once arguing that RIC for cosmetic purposes (not supposed health ones) for this girlfriend/wifes benefit is sexual assault. that made sense until I realised that unlike rape, its not the beneficiary that is performing the circumcision - unless the doc gets off by mutilating children. so, while there are definatly some similarities (the victims feelings of violation and helplessness) I think the two are fundamentally different.

of course, that in no way makes mutilating children acceptable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,969 Posts
Yep, cant remember where I read it, but an OB actually told a collegue that he got a boner everytime he did a circumcision on a baby. How freakin sick is that?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerTail
Would I say circ is worse than a 3 hour violent rape that I didn't know I would live through, that nearly killed me in the subsequent year while I starved myself, cut myself, & otherwise lost my will to live? Absolutely. I'd go through it all again repeatedly rather than let my children be mutilated.

...If that was a painful post to read, more so to write. I didn't bring it up, & haven't even wanted to discuss it in private fora. But to make this point, I'll publicly rip open my rape scar. No more circumcision. No more children hurt.
:


I'm so sorry to hear that. (((Big Hugs))) Thank you for your courage.

Jen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,984 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerTail View Post
Circumcision breeds fetishists, circumcisors, & men who hate & want to hurt women. (Can you imagine an intact man wanting such a thing?)
Sorry Tiger, I misread what you wrote. I think you should edit your orginal post so that more people don't jump you thinking yuo said something you didn't.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top