Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our 5th wedding anniversary, the 21st, I was lying in bed early in the morning when i noticed a trickle of water leaving me. My water had broke! I always expected to have the contractions first and then this. But I've noticed in life things never go according to the "plan".
Since I wasn't having contractions we took our time getting to the hospital. After about 10 hours of nothing (and trying lots to start labor) the doctor suggested we start Pitocin.
Around 8:45pm I finally began to feel some contractions- which started out quite strong. They began just before my mom arrived from Chicago! My nurse stopped the Pit and disconnected the IV for me
Labor was fast and furious, but my dh was amazing and kept reminding me to take it one contraction at a time and to keep breathing normally. Very very helpful coaching. He did a great job. I started pushing around 11pm and at 11:53pm my dh said, "it's a girl" I felt so enchanted as she was there on my belly. She came and latched on to my breast within 20 minutes of being born and nursed for like 42 minutes! She was so alert (no pain meds or anything)! I can't believe she is already here. And I look at her sometimes and think wow, I can't believe I grew her inside of me! She is so beautiful and we are all here just resting and falling more in love each minute.
:

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Congratulations!!
Kudos to you for enduring pitocin contraction without painkillers!
Hope sounds beautiful.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sounds like you had a wonderful birth! Yay for you, mama!

Welcome to the world, Hope!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts