Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 16wks pg, just found out it is a boy! DH & I have had "the circ talk" but it never concludes with a decision... and he is in Iraq until just before I am due!

So, I sent him a binder with mothering articles about circ, some anti-circ website print-outs, and a letter from me. I basically said, "I know you were cut, and your first son... but I can't live with me if we do this to another baby. Your mom didn't know better, nor did you- you made the best choice you knew to make, and I don't think less of you. However, I know better, and I have to do better. I can not cut our son."

I worded it a bit more gently, but you get the gist... what else can I do?! I need him to be on board with this.

Here's hoping...
:

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
I think you just wait and let him think about what you have sent. You ultimately have the power to decline circumcision at the hospital. Though, this shouldn't be about power. It's about learning at this point. Remember, he has to come to terms that a great injustice was done to him and then his first son. Be gentle with him.

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Don't push him at this point, especially with all he has to worry about in Iraq.

When the baby is born, you can just put your foot down that it WON'T be happening. My guess is that he'll be so happy to be home that he won't argue with you.

·
Registered
800 Posts
good job momma! I hope he comes to see the light. If not, know that you are the only person who can consent, so protect that baby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts