Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping, Healing, and Conceiving Again
July 2011

This thread is for women who wish to conceive after a loss and need support, hope and healing. If you wish to be added to the thread or want to modify your info please make requests in bold.
Fertility Friend Charts - Let me know if you want your chart added to the list. If you do, just post the link and add the icon in your post so I don't miss anyone.

Bring on the babies!!

Waiting to O:

Shannon84

slshoe128

Imanifaith11

Snadaska

Mamanoish

ekandrmkb http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35a220

Snadaska

TandN

Sienna Forever

3SurfBoys

Waiting to know:

MegEliz

Vegan Princes

rockymtnmama BFPChart2.gif

RoseRedHoofbeats
Matuska Anna BFPChart2.gif

Lydiah

Remark 71

Calebsmommy25
Norabella http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e2b58

AmBam

Yellow Butterfly

Gemmine BFPChart2.gif

Xerxella http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c

Waiting to be ready:

maxnmaizy

physmom

Wilson

Mamabutterfly chartnew.gif

zejh

callieollie

stork-suprise.gif

Recent BFP's!

August

July ChiaraRose & sommer
chartnew.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ce16d.

June Hildare

May tippy BFPChart2.gif

April lavatea

March SoCaliMommy BFPChart2.gif

In our thoughts:

lavatea

ZinniaGarden

anansi

marnica

jennabella

kgulbransen

Naturegirl

musicoholic BFPChart2.gif

*In an effort to keep our header as up-to-date as possible, the threadkeeper reserves the right to move you to "In our thoughts" from "Waiting to O" and "Waiting to know" if you have not posted in this thread or in the previous thread. The threadkeeper may remove your name from the list if you have not posted to the thread within the previous three months. You are always welcome to rejoin the thread at any time.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Updated up to here (I think)

My computer's really slow right now for some reason, so I can't go back and forth to do persies, but I'll try my best.

Gemime - I'm 5 dpo right now. If my temps are still up I'll go in for a hcg blood draw next weekend at about 12 or 13 dpo. I'll know the results to that on the following Monday (over a week away! Ugh!). But, my temps "ALWAYS" start to fall at about 8 or 9 dpo when I'm not pregnant, so if I make it to 12 or 13 with no drop, that'll be very encouraging. (I'm on my 1st cycle after my miscarriage and I still have hcg in my system. As of my O day my hcg was at 22.4. About a month it was 75, so it's definitely falling slowly.) I have some dollar store tests that have been negative, so I'll probably use those and if I get a positive that will also be encouraging.

Anna - Sometimes, if I wake up during an intense dream, my temp will be super high. If it is I immediately re temp. Every time, it drops back to something normal. This morning it came up at 99.5, I immediately retemped and it showed 98.58, which felt more accurate and it's what I went with. Besides, I always figure the lower temp during the 2ww is more accurate. So, if your temp suddenly drops one morning you can't go run around the block and then retemp, LOL!

chiararose - I hope the break was just what you needed. I pray you get your BFP this month.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
MaxnMaizy - Here's another thought, maybe you're ovulating? I had my miscarriage May 12th, ovulated 3 weeks later, got my period 2 weeks after that and now have ovulated again. All with hcg in my system. Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c The bottom chart is my miscarriage. So, over 7 weeks later my hcg at my last check was 22.4. And, I think I'd still turn a FRER positive. And, I'm seeing a Ob/Gyn regularly. She says that sometimes it just takes awhile for the hcg to fall all the way to zero, but because my numbers do keep going down, she's not concerned. But, I'd be more concerned about the bleeding. Does it feel like it's slowing down? Are you passing any clots? I had brown spotting for about a week before I miscarried than about 2 weeks of bleeding after. I dont' know if that's normal or not. If you're bleeding is not slowing down, Id' be concerned. If you have abdominal pain, do not hesitate and go to the ER.

Caleb's mommy that still sounds very positive! Were you charting? Do you know your actual O date? Because if you're 18 days into your lp you considered pregnant by TCOYF! :) I hope to hear some good news soon. Well, someone has to be the 1st BFP of July!

I'm sorry butterfly. It's one thing to make the decision, its another to have it made for you. I'm so sorry, that really sucks. May you find peace with whatever you decide.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I am so sorry everyone. I don't even know what to say. This is a really bad start to the month. I'm sorry Lydia and Caleb's mommy. This is just a really tough time for you both.

gloomy.gif

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Updated up to here.

I put Ekandrmkb, Norabella and Caleb's Mommy into Waiting to O. I hope that's not too presumptuous of me. If you want to be somewhere else, please let me know.

Everyone - I'm trying to clean up the 1st page. If you're not where you're supposed to be please let me know. If you're not on the first page, please know that it's just my personal error. Let me know where to put you and I'll get it fixed right away. Everyone is welcome here. I went through the old monthly threads and I put a period in front of any name that I didn't see in the past few months. I'm new to this and I very well might have missed your post. Please let me know. And, as always, please put any changes in bold.

Mama Butterfly, I moved you to waiting to be waiting. I hope this mental break is just what you need.

I'm sorry Ekandrmkb. That is a short lp. You could have O'd like 2 days earlier, but that still only gives you a 9 day lp. I think you need to chart again for a month and see what happens. This is your first month charting, right. Just my opinion, but, I would consider a good multivitamin and extra B6 50-100 and extra Viamin C 750 mg. Those are the only natural things I've ever heard of that increase lp.

Sorry about the start of af Christine. If charting drives you crazy, OPKs will drive you crazy, too. Like charting they're very subjective. If that wishy-washy maybe it is, maybe it isn't drives you crazy, then I'd spend the extra money on the digital opks. There's no guess work. Good luck. It might not be a bad idea to check for one month, just to confirm that you're right with what you think. KWIM?

Anna - I can always tell when af's going to start, too. And, I think of all the waits that's the worst. Sorry. It does seem like way too many women on here are on the same cycle!

MegEliz - A 13 day period? That really sucks. I hope the appointment goes well on Wednesday. I look forward to seeing what the doc has to say.

AFM - My temps took a big jump this morning, but I also woke up with a little sore throat, so I think the chart is just an evil tease, because now it looks like it's going triphasic. Also, just to mess with me further, I took a dollar store test and it came up faintly positive. (My HCG is still falling from my miscarriage and it was at 22 on O day.) The last dollar store HPT I took was also on O day and it was clearly negative. Since I'm only 7 dpo, I think this is just an oddly sensitive test picking up the slow falling hcg. Ugh, Because of course, now it's got me thinking.....

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Updated up to here.

Lydiah - How are you doing? I hope you're taking good care of yourself and hugging your little girl extra hard. I moved you to waiting to O. I hope that's not too presumptuous of me. If you wish to be somewhere else please let me know.

Sorry for everyone who had an unwelcome visit from af. The only regulars who are still waiting to know are me, Gemime, CallieOllie and Chiara Rose. How are you guys doing?

Cindy, good luck on the Femara. I hear really good things from it.

Rose - I hope the tests and appointment go well today.

AFM - Temps are still up, but it's still early (8 dpo). If they fall tomorrow, I'm probably out. My chart always starts dropping on non-pregnant cycles up to 5-7 days before af. Unfortunately, (fortunately?) I can always tell a non pregnant chart for me days before af. The dollar store test was negative this morning, but that's no big deal. IMO, those things don't turn positive until after af is due. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Updated

Welcome TandN. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I placed you at "waiting to know." If that's not where you want to be, just let me know and I'll change it. Vegan Princess is also trying Femara. I've heard good things about it. I hope it works for both of you.

Gemime - I think you're chart looks good. Your temps are sill up, that's all that matters.

MegEliz - With a 13 day period, I'd imagine you'd O later than average. That's probably good, it gives your lining time to recover and really build up for optimal implantation. I hope your doctor's appointment goes well tomorrow and the doc can really give you some answers on where to go next.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
ek - I think they can test youre progesterone on cd 21 to tell if it's elevated and thus you ovulated. If it's still low, you probably didn't ovulated. I think this whole ttc and then the thought of actually getting pregnant is stressfull. I don't know what lessesn that if anything. On another note, I tried false unicorn in a fertility blend. It didn't seem to do much and I didn't get pregnant. But, that's just my anecdotal experience.

Rose - Good news from your midwife's appointment. I hope everything keeps down that good road.

AFM - I definitely have a cold. Sore throat, runny and stuffy nose, the whole shebang. So, well my temps look good, they're unreliable. The may just be up because of the cold. Ugh. Chiara, I guess we just have to wait. What will be, will be.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
It's pretty quiet around here with almost everyone just sitting around wait for their annoying aunt to leave.

AFM - Calling all chart stalkers: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c

I have to say this is a very encouraging chart for me. My numbers always sawtooth up when I'm pregnant and sawtooth down when I'm not. (The second chart is my miscarriage cycle when I, of course, wasn't pregnant.) BUT...... the numbers feel a little high. 98.95 this morning. I've never been this high before. BUT.... It's still within the reasonable range. Yaknow? If it was 100, I'd just throw it out as being sick. With the miscarriage pregnancy my numbers got up to 98.7 after ovulation and with my daughter my numbers got up to 98.8. So, it's not TTOOOO high.

So, what do you all think? Am I sick and pregnant or just sick! LOL

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Cindy, have fun on your trip!

Thanks Anna

I had a 20 pack of the digitals and since I ovulated so early this month (for me), I only used about 6 of them. So, Gemime, now they're just burning a hole in the box. LOL On my miscarriage cycle the same digital opks turned positive on day 14 when my hcg was at 98, so I don't really expect them to turn positive at 9 dpo, but also, I know if they ever do, I'll know it's real. If my temps are still up, I'll probably go in for a blood draw on Sunday at 13 dpo. Then I can find out the results on Monday. The other option is to go tomorrow (Thursday) night at 10 dpo and then find out the results on Friday. My only concern is that 10 dpo will be too early, so I'll probably wait. sigh

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
UPDATED

Welcome Remark. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I placed you in waiting to O. If that's not where you want to be let me know and I'll move you.

As For Me - The temps are up this morning, but now I know it's just a low grade fever from this virus. I tested this morning with a FRER and it was completely, totally, absolutely negative. No hint, no fade, no evap line, no shadow, nothing. The directions said all the women in their study who were pregnant got a positive 4 days before af was due. (I'm 10 dpo.) So, there you go. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm barely living through this virus, I can't imagine how a baby could make it. Pity party, pity party, pity party.....

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Anna - I'm SO, SO, SO sorry. That was incredibly insensitive of her. If she's been reading your blog, she'd know what happened. I'd like to think it was probably some shitty attempt at consoling you? I don't know what is so hard about people just saying, "I'm so sorry for your loss." Personally, when you feel better, I would write a polite response that says you know she meant well, but it was very painful reading about she had a baby in that house and you did not. Every child is a blessing and she was certainly blessed. Personally, I would feel better and I don't think it would hurt to tell her that while maybe she didn't mean to be, but what she wrote was painful.

TandN - I hope you get af soon (better yet a BFP) or at least some answers.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekandrmkb View Post

One more thing I have to share because it's kind of freaky...

Where I work, I have to go on this program on the computer that always has a quote on the main section, that changes every day. I had to go there shortly after posting my last post.

Today's was said by Alexander Dumas: "All human wisdom is made up of two words - wait and hope."

I feel like that fits all of us right now.
Thanks ek. I like that. I just wish there was a little less waiting.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
MegEliz - I'm sorry the clomid is kicking you around. But, I would think that greater side effects equal a better response to the drug? Hopefully, it'll all be worth it in the end. I'm surprised your doc asks about temping. Most docs I've seen say it's worthless!

Anna - I'm glad af is leaving. At least it means you had a good lining, right? (Sorry, trying to think of something good about having your period.)

snadaska -
grouphug.gif

AFM - The FRER was negative again this morning at 11 dpo, but my temps continue to be up and I'm feeling better, so I don't know what to think. I really had a good nights sleep last night and since I felt better I really expected a spectacular drop in temps, but no. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c I even took it 5 times over 20 minutes and they were all about the same. I usually have a 12 day lp, so I expect af on Sunday. If she's not there, I'll go in for a blood test. I don't think I'll test tomorrow, it just feels like a waste of money.

Here's to a little less waiting and a little more hope.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I'm sorry about the temps Gemime. Hopefully, July is your lucky month.

Meg - I know what you mean. I don't think I'll even mentally acknowledge any pregnancy for a long time. I feel like it's taking forever just to get pregnant and then if/when we do we're only at mile marker one of our cross country race! Ugh. My mom had a 40 week stillborn when I was 9, so I feel like there's never a "safe zone." I guess I'll never feel relaxed until the baby is nursing in my arms.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Good for you Callie. Way to take the bull by the horns. No one will care as much about your health as you do. Good luck.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Sorry, my internet went down this weekend.

Update up to here.

Welcome zejh. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I hope your stay here is a short one.

Callie - I'm sorry to hear about the pending af. I'm probably not far behind you.

Good luck mamabutterfly with all of your decisions. You really sound at peace with everything.

MegEliz - I'm sorry dh is being a putz about the tobacco. I think you handled it wonderfully. I hope he realizes how important all of this is.

AFM - There's nothing to report. All tests are negative, but there's no af. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c My temps are down, but they're still in the pregnant (for me) range. So, I guess I have a low grade fever combined with my longest luteal phase ever. Luckily, the wait will be over tomorrow. I went for a blood test today and I will know the results tomorrow. I'll let you all know when I know.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
I'm sorry Rose. That's a tough weekend. I didn't know you were going through so much. I hope this new psychitrist can really, really get you on the road to health.

MegEliz - I also tend to get many days of EWCM before the positive opk. So, just keep testing (preferably in the afternoon) and keep bd-ing, at least every other day.

Callie - I glad, for your sake, the party's over. It sounds like it went as good as it could have gone.
hug2.gif

AFM - I still stand in limbo land. No AF, no sign of AF and all HPTs are negative. I usually have a 12 day luteal phase and here I am at day 14. My temps are still up in the pregnancy range for me. So, of course, I torture myself and find this: http://www.pregnancylab.net/hcg-variants/ It's about all the ways in which a test can be a false negative. So, now I wonder if I'm not #4. Since I still had "old" hcg from my miscarriage could it be masking the new rising hcg?

Sorry this is All About Me. I had the blood test yesterday. And, now I'm calling the doc's office and all i'm getting is a busy signal. Grrrr. I better know the results today or I think I'll scream.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Anna - I agree with T. From everything I've heard the risk of repeat miscarriages is very small. But, I've also heard that with each miscarriage the risk of another miscarriage ges up. It's truly SO common. I've heard 20% of pregnancies fail (or higher).

AFM - I'm still waiting for the doc's office to call me back.....

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Hey everyone. I figure I'll join the downer crew. My test today was basically negative. (Actually my hcg was at 13, but that means it's just still falling from my miscarriage 2 months ago. It was 22 on O day 2 weeks ago and has been falling steadily since the miscarriage.) So, where's my period? It'll probably hit tonight or something. Tomorrow's 15 dpo and I've never even had a 14 day lp! Well, what are you going to do.

ek - I think your dh should just say, "I'm so sorry. My wife and I just lost our son in February during labor. If there's anything at all I can do for you, please let me know." He's so sweet to think of her.

We really do need some good news around here.

Good luck all.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.