Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 464 Posts

· Registered
2,072 Posts
I hope so. *sigh* I've got to pull myself together and get on with the day. It's like a massive, wet quilt lying on top of the whole day.

(later)

I retemped and it was 98.53. Was I just overheated? Anyone else have this happen? I just temped and I've been up for over three hours so I'm not going to use it, but what the heck was that 99.66??

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/358b81

· Registered
964 Posts
MAnna: Jeez that is one humongous temp jump! That's weird that it went down after you'd been up. Hang in there though, 10DPO is still early. I'm thinking about you!

AFM: It feels so good to only temp certain days after ovulation. I'm 5DPO (any cycle buddies?) and haven't temped since 3DPO and next temp will be Monday at 7DPO. It hit me just how stressing it is to look at the temps, compare charts, etc every month; it didn't fully hit me until I stopped doing it this time. Oh and I've been having pregnancy dreams we know that means automatic BFP -____-

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Updated up to here (I think)

My computer's really slow right now for some reason, so I can't go back and forth to do persies, but I'll try my best.

Gemime - I'm 5 dpo right now. If my temps are still up I'll go in for a hcg blood draw next weekend at about 12 or 13 dpo. I'll know the results to that on the following Monday (over a week away! Ugh!). But, my temps "ALWAYS" start to fall at about 8 or 9 dpo when I'm not pregnant, so if I make it to 12 or 13 with no drop, that'll be very encouraging. (I'm on my 1st cycle after my miscarriage and I still have hcg in my system. As of my O day my hcg was at 22.4. About a month it was 75, so it's definitely falling slowly.) I have some dollar store tests that have been negative, so I'll probably use those and if I get a positive that will also be encouraging.

Anna - Sometimes, if I wake up during an intense dream, my temp will be super high. If it is I immediately re temp. Every time, it drops back to something normal. This morning it came up at 99.5, I immediately retemped and it showed 98.58, which felt more accurate and it's what I went with. Besides, I always figure the lower temp during the 2ww is more accurate. So, if your temp suddenly drops one morning you can't go run around the block and then retemp, LOL!

chiararose - I hope the break was just what you needed. I pray you get your BFP this month.

· Registered
964 Posts
Xerxella: yay, cycle buddy! That's good that the tests are negative for now so you won't have to stress about a false BFP. I'll definitely be chart-stalking you Tuesday (you can stalk me Monday if you want, I'll temp then).

· Registered
367 Posts
Xerxella and Gemmine - how soon will you test? I'm at 7 dpo and thought I'd wait a bit...but (and I guess this can go to anyone), how soon can one test? I'd rather not get lots of iffy results, it might make me crazy...but i don't want to wait forever!

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Thanks for the new thread!!

Sorry to those who have gotten a BFN...It is the most disappointing thing ever, no matter if you think you have a slight chance or a major possibility. Hoping everyone gets to stare at a BFP soon!

I think I'll test tomorrow morning again. I tested on Wednesday and got a BFN (BOO!!), but have had an inkling that I'm pregnant. Little things...that I totally could be making up in my head like a smell being really strong, my boobs seeming engorged (not nursing anymore, weird right?), tired, just that feeling that something is different. I am 4 days late, so hoping that is a good sign and that my cycle isn't just royally screwed up for some reason.

Here's to hoping July brings us all some beautiful blessings.

· Registered
2,072 Posts
It's been a depressing sort of day. Nobody laugh, but I actually tested again around noon because I hadn't had anything to eat or drink up to that point. BFN, duh. I don't know what I was thinking.

Anyway, I've been thinking that a BFN at 10 DPO is NEGATIVE, period, the end. Not rationally, but emotionally. I went and read the article on FF about when to expect a BFP (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When-can-I-expect-a-positive-HPT-if-I-am-pregnant.html ) and it was really helpful. I keep hearing about really early positives (8-10 DPO) and thinking that that's what to expect. Aparently the average is 13.6 DPO for the first BFP. I may be totally deluding myself, but it made me feel better anyway. (And I really hope my temp is normal tomorrow and not practically a fever!)

Looking forward to hearing about other people's tests! Calebsmommy25, that sounds really promising! Let us know!

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Anna, I never had a BFP before 13 dpo. (I know some people do). You'll see that most tests say they aren't 99% accurate until 1st day of missed period. I always try to wait until 13 dpo. Sorry it's such an agonizing wait! I'm still hopeful for you.

Today I'm 14 dpo and expected AF but so far just slight spotting - enough to confirm for me though that this isn't the month. I don't know. I think I'm starting to let go of the idea that we should be working for a third; I just don't feel like it is in the cards. Lots of problems with our marriage, finances, kids issues, family health issues, house issues. Maybe enough's enough, kwim? That's kind of a bummer for this thread as we are all hoping for those rainbow babies, but I may have to start to get used to the idea of letting go. Not sure how to work on the emotions of that, though. Like, being "done", I mean.

I don't need to think about it just yet, I guess. I'll keep stalking you all for fun in the meantime.

mb

· Registered
964 Posts
ekandrmkb: The earliest I would test would be next Friday, the 8th or 11DPO. I got my BFP at 12DPO but I probably could have tested earlier since the 2nd line was so dark and came up immediately. I think in general the absolute earliest I would test would be 9-10DPO IF my temp was super high or super low (possible implantation dip around 7DPO) AND if I felt possible implantation cramps AND if we had all the fertile days covered BD-wise. LOL. Other than that, my standard test day would be 11DPO if my temp is up. I can't remember if you answered this but how long is your luteal phase generally? Do you notice a temp drop on certain days before AF?

calebsmommy: How many DPO are you right now? I can't wait for an update!

MAnna: Keep us posted!

mamabutterfly: *hugs* Keep us posted whatever you decide.

· Registered
175 Posts
Hi all.

Rose, I am totally relating to your posts. I have been bleeding for almost 2 1/2 weeks now and I just want it to stop. I've also been having tenderness on my left ovary and bit of cramping here and there. Here's the kicker--I just took a pg test and it came back bfp. What the fuck? U/S showed nothing in my uterus, they better have checked my ovaries too, can't imagine they didn't. LMP was 5/2, tested positive 6/2, then started bleeding and bleeding since 6/14. I have no idea what the heck is going on. I just want things to be "normal".

· Registered
2,072 Posts
I think you need to go back in to be checked for an ectopic pronto. Yes, it may not be, but if it is, you need to see someone soon. Keep us updated.

· Registered
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matushka Anna View Post

I think you need to go back in to be checked for an ectopic pronto. Yes, it may not be, but if it is, you need to see someone soon. Keep us updated.
I can't go back in. I don't have health insurance and cannot afford it.

· Registered
2,072 Posts
If this is an ectopic pregnancy, then it can be life-threatening. I don't have maternity insurance either and had to apply for the state medicaid program when I was pregnant a few months ago. This may be an option for you and if so, they certainly cover retroactively so it would cover an emergency room visit. If you present with something like this, even without insurance, the ER cannot turn you away. I don't mean to be a worry-wort, but I was a nurse for 13 years (been home for a year now), the last several in GYN including a low-income GYN clinic, and saw a lot of ectopics. They are way more common than people know.

Gotta head to bed. I hope everything turns out ok. (((hugs)))

(And it sure would be nice to read about some BFPs soon!)

· Registered
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matushka Anna View Post

If this is an ectopic pregnancy, then it can be life-threatening. I don't have maternity insurance either and had to apply for the state medicaid program when I was pregnant a few months ago. This may be an option for you and if so, they certainly cover retroactively so it would cover an emergency room visit. If you present with something like this, even without insurance, the ER cannot turn you away. I don't mean to be a worry-wort, but I was a nurse for 13 years (been home for a year now), the last several in GYN including a low-income GYN clinic, and saw a lot of ectopics. They are way more common than people know.

Gotta head to bed. I hope everything turns out ok. (((hugs)))

(And it sure would be nice to read about some BFPs soon!)
Thanks for your input. It seems like there would be more symptoms if it was an ectopic and I can't imagine that the u/s tech didn't check. For now I am just gonna wait and see. I'm assuming that hormones are just not all cleared out of my system.

· Registered
2,072 Posts
(yeah, not in bed yet)

Just take care of yourself!

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
MaxnMaizy - Here's another thought, maybe you're ovulating? I had my miscarriage May 12th, ovulated 3 weeks later, got my period 2 weeks after that and now have ovulated again. All with hcg in my system. Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c The bottom chart is my miscarriage. So, over 7 weeks later my hcg at my last check was 22.4. And, I think I'd still turn a FRER positive. And, I'm seeing a Ob/Gyn regularly. She says that sometimes it just takes awhile for the hcg to fall all the way to zero, but because my numbers do keep going down, she's not concerned. But, I'd be more concerned about the bleeding. Does it feel like it's slowing down? Are you passing any clots? I had brown spotting for about a week before I miscarried than about 2 weeks of bleeding after. I dont' know if that's normal or not. If you're bleeding is not slowing down, Id' be concerned. If you have abdominal pain, do not hesitate and go to the ER.

Caleb's mommy that still sounds very positive! Were you charting? Do you know your actual O date? Because if you're 18 days into your lp you considered pregnant by TCOYF! :) I hope to hear some good news soon. Well, someone has to be the 1st BFP of July!

I'm sorry butterfly. It's one thing to make the decision, its another to have it made for you. I'm so sorry, that really sucks. May you find peace with whatever you decide.

· Registered
367 Posts
Gemmine - thanks for your reply. I know for sure I'll wait until next week Friday at least - as for luteal phase length, etc. - I actually don't know because I've never charted before, and I have had irregular cycles in the past. After my first son was born, and the (long) wait for my cycle to come back was done, I was more regular but with a roughly 35 day cycle. FF wants me to wait until 18 dpo, but I will probably crack before then if AF doesn't come back. I don't think I had an implantation dip, although I'm only at 7 dpo; but I might have had an ovulation dip...I guess I just have to be patient and wait like everyone else here - haha.

· Registered
910 Posts
Maxnmaizy- an ectopic nearly always bursts the tube by 8/9 weeks. Would you be that far along by now? You would know it, trust me. Cramps and tender ovaries and twinges as things go back to normal aren't a worrisome sign. How long it takes the hCG to washout of your system is really, really variable- it depends on when you stop making it completely and then how long it takes your body to metabolize it, etc. I would try calling a Planned Parenthood and asking if they can just check you out. It is really important to get a checkup 2-4 weeks after a miscarriage. It will be MUCH cheaper than having something retained and getting a uterine infection that requires you to be hospitalized.

I did some housework and yard work today- not a whole lot, maybe four hours? And I swear to God you'd think I gave birth to a ten pounder three weeks ago instead of having a m/c at 8 weeks. My flow got heavy and turned bright red and I used up a heavy pad. WTF?! And my uterus is like HAHA YOU'RE FUNNY SIT DOWN. I am just SO OVER THIS.

~Rose

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Anna-- After getting a BFN the other day, I was searching for some hope and average dpo for BFP, etc and read the same thing. I found it reassuring because many of the other things I read talk about testing positive on 10 dpo, ya know? I feel a bit better because I know I have a longer cycle too. It isn't over until the fat lady sings, or in our case AF rears her ugly head.

Mamabutterfly-- I am so sorry. I can't imagine making the decision to stop trying for good. The process will be a journey in itself...**HUGS**

Maxnmaizy-- Who knows what is really going on. I'm not much for doctors, but if you need one (regardless of whether you have insurance or not) you need to go. Especially when you may think something is really serious. If not, then atleast make sure you are watching for warning signs...kwim? Take care of yourself!!

Gemmine & Xerella-- I do chart. I don't do temps or opks, but Oing is pretty clearly indicated *normally* by my CM. So, going by that I am probably between 14-18 dpo. I was pretty bummed with the BFN, but really can't imagine why else I am this late. I have ONE more FRER in my bathroom...hoping it is the last one I'll need for a while. I'll be taking it tomorrow morning. I need to go to bed right now so tomorrow morning can come, and I can test! Haha. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do if it is neg. I just can't take another one.

Rose-- Sorry you are still dealing with the bleeding. Man, that must have sucked. Your uterus spoke loud and clear about taking it easy, eh?

21 - 40 of 464 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.