1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:
:
:
This is how I felt when I read this. Something has GOT to be done about this problem!!
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...00010000000001

They say ""There's a huge Puritanical streak in Americans," she says, "and there's a squeamishness about seeing a body part - even part of a body part.""

Are they shitting me?!?!?!?!?!? So when did it become unacceptable to dress like a slut at 6 because I am APPALED at how young girls are dressing now! No one seems to have a problem with that or women on TV being provacitivly dressed or behaved! But giving her child the best nutriton and bonding oppurtunity at the mall or at TGI Fridays is gross?!! The Victorias Secret yearly 'fashion' show is SOOO neccasary for sales to I suppose! OHHHHH I AM F"ING PISSED!!!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
you either must become great at letter writing, chalk it up to ignorance, or get some major blood pressure meds!!! that is our world. its disgusting and just down right crazy but thats where we are. which is why i refuse to attempt to be discrete anymore when NIP'ing. sorry. been there. done that. got the stares. now if they stare, they will be staring at something. and just perhaps i will influence the next generation.
i dont understand this attitude but its all around me.

and do you notice that the more AP/NFL you are, the more you get angry? or is that just me???

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really am I nice person. Just had a long night and this was the first thing I saw this AM when checkin my email. I agree with your post though, but it still makes me madder than hell!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Right there with you ladies.

To make you feel better, EastonsMom, I will BF openly in an "Inappropriate place" today. Just for you.
And maybe tomorow too.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Quote:
"Gross, I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob," wrote Lauren, a mother of a 4-month-old.
:puke

And what about those of us who are sick of seeing a baby propped in a car seat by himself, attached to a bottle?
:

·
Registered
454 Posts
That magazine, Babytalk wants to know what we think of its cover and we can write in at

[email protected]

Let's start writing ladies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EastonsMom
They say ""There's a huge Puritanical streak in Americans," she says, "and there's a squeamishness about seeing a body part - even part of a body part.""

Are they shitting me?!?!?!?!?!? So when did it become unacceptable to dress like a slut at 6 because I am APPALED at how young girls are dressing now! No one seems to have a problem with that or women on TV being provacitivly dressed or behaved! But giving her child the best nutriton and bonding oppurtunity at the mall or at TGI Fridays is gross?!! The Victorias Secret yearly 'fashion' show is SOOO neccasary for sales to I suppose! OHHHHH I AM F"ING PISSED!!!
ITA with all of this, and I'm writting them also to applaud their very natural and real cover

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Sent them an email! It's awesome to see covers like this! Poor people who freak out over babies getting nourishment! "I'm just so tired of seeing babies attached to boobs." (or something like that) YUCK!

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you go to thier mainpage they are also requesting that people send in breastfeeding pics. I am going to try and get around to that soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:
I was SHOCKED to see a giant breast on the cover of your magazine.
Uh, what?

I see giant boobs on magazines all the time.

Quote:
I don't want my son or husband to accidentally see a breast they didn't want to see.
Like there's ever a time a man doesn't want to see a boob.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
I wonder if there is any cleavage showing on this months cover of Cosmo or Glamour. But that isn't a problem, since there isn't a baby attached, I guess. What about the cover of fitness magazines, where most of the breast is exposed, only covering the nipple/areola? I guess that is ok too, since there isn't a baby attached. Some people suck. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GooeyRN
I wonder if there is any cleavage showing on this months cover of Cosmo or Glamour. But that isn't a problem, since there isn't a baby attached, I guess. What about the cover of fitness magazines, where most of the breast is exposed, only covering the nipple/areola? I guess that is ok too, since there isn't a baby attached. Some people suck. Plain and simple.
You said it!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Primigravida
Uh, what?

I see giant boobs on magazines all the time.

Like there's ever a time a man doesn't want to see a boob.

:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Incubator
Right there with you ladies.

To make you feel better, EastonsMom, I will BF openly in an "Inappropriate place" today. Just for you.
And maybe tomorow too.
: this cracked me up- I would be glad to do that, too, 'cept Little Man is just TOO interested in everything around us to BF anywhere but home anymore, dern it. These griping mamas ("Gross- I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob") would really have a reason to gripe if I tried BFing "pop off, pop on, pop off, pop on" baby in public anymore!

I wrote them, too- yay, Babytalk! It's such a pretty pic, too- very tasteful, I just don't understand how people can grumble about something so beautiful....people
:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aisraeltax

and do you notice that the more AP/NFL you are, the more you get angry? or is that just me???

yes, yes, yes
i have definitely noticed that about myself in the last couple years....

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
If it would make you feel better, I could do something really inappropriate. I happen to have a SNS, an 18 month old who hasn't nursed in 10 months, and a Victoria's Secret an hour away. Should be amusing.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCVeg
:puke

And what about those of us who are sick of seeing a baby propped in a car seat by himself, attached to a bottle?
:
Yahoo! Me too! How can they do that to their sweet liitle ones?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
To whom it may concern,

I wish to thank you for your current issue. Not only are you pro-actively addressing the issues as to why women do not nurse longer, but you chose to confront head-on part of this issue--society's squeemishness-- with the exquisite portrait of a nursing baby on your cover. For once, the breast I see on a magazing cover was actually being used for its intended purpose!
Thank you for having the guts to get the truth out there. The fact of the matter is that babies, mothers, and society as a whole suffer from lack of breastfeeding, or premature weaning. The American Academy of Pediatrics says that if their recommendations were followed, (exclusive breastfeeding for six months, and partial breastfeeding for at least another six) the US would save conservatively 3.6 billion dollars annually. As a mother, a woman, and a concerned citizen, I thank you for being an agent for education and change.

Sincerely,

Tiffany Lastname
Berwyn, IL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts