Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before my pregnancy I used Natural Progesterone Cream because I'm a raging lunatic without it. I am angry all the time, irrational and can't control it.

After my first trimester I stopped using it (because pregnant women produce tons of progestrone at that point).

DS is now 10 months and exclusively breastfed. (Not interested in solids)

So I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I NEED the progestrone cream, but am afraid to use it while breastfeeding. There doesn't seem to be much research available as to it's safety while nursing. Not only am I afraid it will decrease my milk supply, but I'm afraid of DS getting it all over him too. See, it's a cream you rub on your chest, inner arms.... it doesn't absorb really, and I'm afraid that he'll get dosed with it while breastfeeding.

So I'm considering begging my ob/gyn for a progesterone suppository prescription. That will at least alleviate him getting it on him. The doc won't do hormone testing until after he's weaned, so I don't know if she'll let me have the progestrone until then.

Any ideas, experience, advice??

I'm so sick of being edgy and angry. I want this to be the happiest time in my life, hanging out with my little guy....

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
You sound like me. When I had my first I experience that. the edgyness and irritability. I took some progesterone pills. I am pretty sure that's what they were (sorry, my memory sucks). The thing is I never really thought they helped a lot. I suffered a whole lot with moods and hormones and It only seemed to get worse as time went on. by the time my dd came i went on meds for post-partum. My story/history/genetics are a little complicated and so there is a lot there as far as psychology and such, but anyway my point is... You might be better off searching for a good holistic dr., looking into this more deeply, even finding some more natural ways to cope such as yoga, deep breathing, bach flower remedies, Therapy even,
I have seen that there are a lot of changes in many women after motherhood and that includes the physical and emotional so, seeking out different ways to cope is not so far off base especially if you dont really want to be 'medicated'---- but of course, seeking is the trick. I sought and finally found I was bi-polar. Now, things are much better.
~L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts