Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 3yo son and I stopped nursing in the first week of April. If you want the short version, skip to the last two paragraphs.

I'm a teacher and this has been the hardest class I've had in my 11 years of teaching. So after April state testing, when suddenly I wasn't able to cope with things at school anymore, I assumed it was because a horrible year was winding to a close and the kids were behaving worse (which they were). But then I started having breakdowns and considering asking my doctor for medical leave. I started crying at home in front of my family. I started having less patience with my wonderful children at home and am having a harder time fully diving into my time with them which breaks my heart. I'm tired so often even though my kids are starting to finally sleep better. I can't underscore enough how crappy this year has been, so I kept chalking it up to a hard situation running me down. Well during this time my period started to get crazy. Women in my family go through menopause early and I'm 37. My OB said things could start to get weird. For the past three weeks, since my last period, I've been spotting daily and now I got my period again.

It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks last night: I think this is post-nursing hormones and I think I might be slightly depressed.

How long does it take for things to settle down and/or is this my new normal? If so, I need help. Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
This is a good question. I have been bf for 10+ years. Right now my 4yr is very very slowly weaning and my hormones are very crazy. On the other hand I'm 40+...

I'm sure that your class is not helping. I hope you have a relaxing summer:sunshine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts