Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clogged duct that feels like a golf ball is in my breast. It has come and gone since the baby was born, but this is definitely the worst it has been.<br><br>
I've tried warm compresses, massage, spraying with the shower head, changing nursing positions...all the things usually suggested...and it won't budge.<br><br>
Does anyone have any suggestions that I haven't tried?

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Have you tried hands and knees while nursing? It's a bit awkward- you just put baby on bed, 'dangle' a boob overbaby and get him to latch and massage the area. It will eventually come unclogged but the key is to keep the milk moving. No bras or tight clothing- HTH!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I know taking a Lecithin supplement helps some women. Drink TONS of water and nurse frequently. Up your vitamin C intake (up to 4000 mg per day) to ward off possible infection. Hopefully it won´t last more than a day or two. Make sure your bra isn´t too tight (obvious, I know) - and try to rest and not let it completely stress you out, although I know for me, that idea was a joke - of course, it stresses you out, but it´s good to try to breathe deeply every once and a while, just for the heck of it. and make sure your baby has a really good latch - DS developed a lazy latch and once a LLL leader came to help and corrected it for me, the lump I had at the time disappeared instantly.<br><br>
hope you feel better soon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts