Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hospital I will be having my baby at has changed the visitor restrictions in the mother/baby section. This means my other kids will be able to come visit and meet their new brother!

I will be having a c-section, so the thought of 3-4 days without seeing my 3yr old and 22 month old was KILLING me. Plus they had other restrictions like "only 1 visitor in the room at at time" and were putting newborns in quarantine AWAY from their mother if the mom had flu symptoms and no flu vaccine.

We were hoping to sneak them in anyway, but it's nice to not have to.

· Registered
481 Posts
Yay! That's fantastic. I really wish my hospital would relax their stance on children visitors. I'm also having a c-section, and if history is any indicator, I'll likely have another seriously jaundiced baby who will be there 5-7 days (as will I, as my hospital keeps nursing mothers in-house). I'd love for my kids to be able to visit the hospital.

· Registered
3,224 Posts
Oh, that's awesome! I'm so envious. I'm just hoping to get in and out really quickly... I'll miss my little girl so much, and I want her to be the first to meet her sister other than me and DH. (I've already told the family that they're welcome to visit us after we get home, for just that reason.)

· Registered
5,947 Posts
That is fantastic! But this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post
Plus they had other restrictions like "only 1 visitor in the room at at time" and were putting newborns in quarantine AWAY from their mother if the mom had flu symptoms and no flu vaccine.
was absolutely INSANE! Nevermind that flu vaxes aren't 100% effective, or that the best way to protect the baby, since it will have been exposed once Mom kisses it on the head or whatever, is breastfeeding. Wow. What a stupid, bad, awful policy!

· Registered
91 Posts
Lucky! At our hospital tour, the guide said the hospital probably wouldn't let up on its flu restrictions until April.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.