Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought midwest cities were few and far between. I'm going to be hiking in Yellowstone in the next few weeks and I need to know the closest medical facility (above a promptcare type place, a "real" hospital). I'm waiting for my body to do a natural miscarriage, but there's a risk of excessive bleeding, and I would need an emergency d&c.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
well, it really depends on where in Yellowstone you'll be hiking!<br><br>
They do have some medical facilities in the Park (a decent-sized one near Old Faithful I believe) and then of course there are hospitals in surrounding communities, near park entrances (I have heard good things about the one in Cody, WY, but that's because I'm closest to it... I think Jackson's are good too?)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Absolutely it depends on where you'll be - Yellowstone is HUGE! The hospital in Jackson is good but the drive from town to the south entrance of Yellowstone is over two hours. There's a hospital in Teton Valley, Idaho (the town of Driggs) but everyone I know who lives in that area goes to Jackson. There's also a hospital in Livingston, MT but I don't know anything about it. I'd guess at most hospitals close to the park you'll receive pretty good care as the area is so exclusive that many doctors head that way.<br><br>
Good luck sorting your options out - if you've not been to the area before, distance is quite misleading. Things look pretty close on the map but when you're traveling on winding roads, with loads of tourists (although things slow down significantly after Labor Day), a low speed limit, and oodles of huge animals crossing anywhere, a short trip mileage-wise can take a long, long time - oh, and then there's the chance of September snow.<br><br>
I'm sorry about your miscarriage.<br><br>
Gretchen

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
You would have to go to Bozeman Deaconess if they can't help you in the park facility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts