Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25,568 Posts
Allison: I'm in Canada, not the US, but your post applies somewhat to me. The last thing I said before being wheeled into OR for my first cesarean in 1993 was "I don't want a f***ing c-section". I said it over and over again...I never consented to the surgery. I suspect that I technically did consent, as I'm sure there was some kind of rider in the hospital admission forms...but I absolutely did not consent specifically to the surgery. It's not a good feeling to look back on something like that, and makes me wonder what else goes on in hospitals.

· Registered
25,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hjshan
My main reason for wanting a vbac is recovery ease and comfort for my older son. With a 2 yr old and a new baby - I NEED to be able to carry my babes and move around. Simple everyday stuff - getting DS out of tub, into car seat, nursing at night, moving his sleeping feet out of my face/hair/small of my back at night, etc... how can anyone go a week without picking up their older child???
I know exactly what you mean. When I had my second child, my son was 10, so none of those issues applied - ds actually helped me with his baby sister. But, I'm worried about how I'm going to handle dd if I do end up with a third section. Fortunately, my OB is being supportive of VBA2C...I wish my family doctor were doing the same...

· Registered
25,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllisonK
Storm Bride,
I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I also wonder what goes in in hospitals. My c/s was an "emergency" because my daughter was breech. I had been in the hosp for three days and checked, palpitated by who knows how many doctors and nurses and they still didn't know she was breech until I was pushing. I don't remember the first 12 hours of her life from the general anesthesia.

Allison
Almost exactly the same here...except that I laboured at home until my mom and ex convinced me that I wasn't progressing normally. I walked to the hospital and discovered that I was almost 10cm dilated...and my son was in a frank breech position. And - WHAM - emergency c-section. DS was delivered about half an hour after I checked in at the front desk. I saw him for about 10 seconds in the hallway when I left post-op, and didn't see him again until late the next morning. That's just not the way you want the early hours with your baby to go...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.