Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,846 Posts
I drove four hours to have my vbac where I wanted to have it. But it was also a homebirth, away from home.

It's never too late to change providers, but what I would probably do in your situation, is to continue with the prenatal care your ob is providing, as long as she remains supportive of your desire to vbac. AND, I would hire a "non-nurse" midwife and plan a homebirth (it's really quite safe - http://gentlebirth.org/ronnie/homesafe.html ). I'd suggest you go and at least talk with some midwives in your area. Forget the medical profession's bias against them, and think about why it is that you have a problem with them. I would never consent to another cesarean without any real medical reason (that is, life and death situation).

But that's just me. You have to make your own decisions based on what is best for you in your unique situation. Yes, recovery from my vbac really was that much easier than after my cesarean. There really is no comparison!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.