Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SOOOOO HOT! I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and I am so hot-no matter how cool I keep the house! (I keep it at 70 some days - FL - still using A/C here)

Its not like "flashes" that I have experienced before in pregnancy-where they last a few minutes-It lasts hours sometimes....(I think-I am not exactly able to track it cause of my 2 monkeys I have to chase around.)

I assume its some kind of hormonal thing because its only been going on for a couple of weeks....

Is there anything I can do? Any suppliments?

Does anyone know what is causing this? (My guess is Progesterone)

Jenny

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sorry, no I don't know what is making you hot. Just wanted to say hello from Edmonton, where I'm cold cold cold (not pregnant, but that wouldn't really change the situation much!) Our weather is a good cure for hot...

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm in FL, too, and I've had the pleasure of being miserabley hot myself, lol. I'm 35 weeks, and have been dealing with these....prolonged hot flashes, I guess...since some time in my 6th month, too. I hate to say it, but on one hand, you'll get somewhat used to it, but on the other, you won't and it'll drive you NUTS. The only thing that helps me is cold food, lol. Ice cream, cereal, cold drinks, etc.
For what it's worth, it's 7am here on the west coast of FL, and I'm already sweating and grumbling to myself about being too hot. I suppose a cold bowl of cereal is in order soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.