Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm determined to keep my sense of style this pregnancy. I went through my old pregnancy pictures and was appalled at my fashion sense, boxy flower print maternity tops with ties in the back.
What was I thinking?

So this time around, since it will likely be my last, I want to wear things I would wear normally. I don't want to compromise my fashion sense just because I'm pregnant. I really liked Ashlee Simpson's style. Any idea where to get those cool dresses? I think if I accesorised nicely, those could be really hot this summer.

http://ucarmagazine.com/wp-content/u...cked_5_big.jpg

http://asosblog.typepad.com/photos/u...leevsgwen1.jpg

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
euphoriamaternity.com is a great site for hot clothes. I also did not look great in my last pregnancy. I am going to be so HOT this time. 4 yrs ago tight shirts were not in at all. This time, all I am going to wear is cute, tight shirts and dresses that show off my belly.

Who else is not entirely happy about being pregnant in the hottest months of the year? I think I will wear mostly loose sundresses towards the end. And cute tight tanktops...We should start posting photos of ourselves when we really start showing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Those aren't necessarily maternity. I have 2 dresses like that that I bought at Kohls that I could totally wear 9 months preggo. Just find flowy dresses!

I plan on wearing thai fisherman pants and elastic band skirts myself!
Those are super cool! I might have to pick up a couple pairs. What kind of tops would you wear with those?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I m really hoping there are a ton of sales right after Christmas. Dh and I are making a list of things we will need for the year and are going to go shopping. Where would be some good places to find cute maternity clothes irl? Old Navy is much better than they were 4 years ago,and t makes sense to buy maternity clothes that are cheaper even if they don't last as long simply bc I will only be wearing them for a few months. I could never justify buying a $300 dress that I would only wear 5 times, you know?

Anyways, I am suprized that Target has cute stuff now too! 4 years ago, they had like two pairs of pants and a couple tanktops. Now it is a huge section!

I feel like an old vet of the baby making world, but I am only 29!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post
I just wear tank tops with mine... this is who I've bought most of mine from: CLICK

I love etsy.com!!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:

I have an embarrassing amount of Thai Fisherman Pants... they are so comfy!
Ha! Me too. I never thought of them as maternity wear!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I stumbled on this website, Celebrity Baby blog, and I usually am not much of a "star gazer" but I'm ashamed to say, for the past week or so I find myself visiting every day.
They have a lot of info on where to find or how to copy the styles of pregnant stars (and tons of pictures of cute famous babes).
I really liked the empire dresses like the ones you all mentioned above that everyone was wearing in the summer! I'm afraid I'm too short (5' 4.5") and they'd be all gathered at my feet tho....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I got a pair of tailored black shorts by Liz Lange today for 2.50 at target. They come mid thigh and are totally cute. I have tops that tie in back but are still fitted. I also got a a-line, knee length liz lange skirt at target for 3 dollars today.

I'm actually excited about being big in the summer. I made DF promise to take me to the beach in July and I'm wearing a bikini!!! LOL

The only issu I ever have with maternity is that today the style is to show off those full ta ta's and I am not into that. Mine get to be F's and that just aint cute...

I'm totally excited to wear some chic flats too!!!

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev1053 View Post
I
my fisherman pants. My dad sends them to me he lives in Thailand.

I wear them with tight tops. Maybe in the summer tank tops.
:
Lucky! Tight tops are the best with those I think. I love these tops and they are so inexpensive!

Quote:

I just wear tank tops with mine... this is who I've bought most of mine from: CLICK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev1053
That looks like an Enwrapture skirt! I have a couple from co-ops over the summer. Those will be perfect!
Thank you for both of those links! GORGEOUS!!!!

I'll be doing some shopping in a few months.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:

Wow!
I should start an import/export business... I bought mine for about $2-3 each in Thailand- we go there on vacation just about every year.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshynbaby View Post
I love etsy.com!!!

Me too! Almost all my Christmas presents this year came from Etsy sellers. I really like supporting small businesses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
Wow!
I should start an import/export business... I bought mine for about $2-3 each in Thailand- we go there on vacation just about every year.
You should! I'd be your first customer

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.