Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I just got a little extra $$ for my birthday & I'm wanting to buy a new sling. I have a pouch style sling-2 layers of solarviel for summer & I want a dresser one. I haven't tried an ABC/kozy style & kozy's list is too long. I want to buy something soon & I don't know any nice kozy type sites. I really like the stretch hotsling w/padded leg rail though & they are affordable.

Any help? Which do you prefer & what are some good sites?
TIA!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either the Hotsling or a Kozy type carrier. I love my Hotsling for shorter carries and love the ease and simplicity of the pouch. Kristen of Hotslings is great about helping you get the perfect size as it's a must with a non adjustable pouch. She is also planning to add silk brocade pouches to her site.

For long walks or long shopping trips, a 2 shoulder carrier like an ABC is much more comfortable for me. If you can't wait for a Kozy, take a look at sachicarriers.com. Lisa is wonderful and she has some beautiful silk brocades to choose from as you said you wanted something dressier.

If you really want a Kozy, check out this silk Kozy on Ebay. It is gorgeous!
http://tinyurl.com/3jauw

Other abc websites are:

doodlebugboutique.com
freewebs.com/freehand

HTH,
Tereasa

·
Registered
272 Posts
Since you can't wait for a Kozy (sorry
) I recommend Freehand http://www.freewebs.com/freehand/ She use to have a wait but has recently gotten caught up. She has some one ebay right now. Her work is amazing!
I also recommend the piggie pack from mothers helper www.mothers-helper.ca Diane is a doll to work with and she does custom stuff too.

HTH,

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The Kozy is a great ABC, but if you don't want to wait then I highly recommend a Sachi Carrier. They are very well made, she has a great selection of prints, and there's no wait. Lisa is a dream to work with, she'll customize strap length and/or body size to whatever you want. I got a navy blue toile print with dark denim straps from her and its soooooo beautiful and SUPER comfy too!

I really like the denim straps because they are softer than canvas but have enough texture to still grab and hold when being tied. I love the feel of twill straps but they always slip when I'm trying to tie them.

I'm trying to work up the courage to get a brocade one, because they are so pretty, but I'm wondering if its too dressy for me to use daily. :LOL

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
WOW! That's a tough choice! I just made myself a pouch but if I were you, I'd get a kozy type cuz you already have one pouch. If you don't like the ABC you can always sell it or trade it later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.