Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won a m/l stretch hotsling on e-bay, but it seems huge (I'm a fairly large woman (size 20)), and was really surprised that it seems so big. How are they supposed to fit?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I'd say snug... i wear a small and i'm a size about 6/8 right now (usally 2/4 but still have baby weight).... how does you dd fit when in it? is she below your waist line?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
both girls are about at my waistline, maybe just below, but the part that comes up isn't tight enough to make me feel secure letting them go- I worry about them leaning back and falling out....<br><br>
it was a used sling. could it be stretched out or just too big?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
hmm.. maybe it is stretched? If its below your waist then its definately to big. I wear a small to and its very snug, but comfy. I believe you can get it altered through the website..

·
Registered
504 Posts
Try a shoulder flip. Take the top layer of fabric near your neck and fold it down towards your shoulder. This will tighten the outer rail a little and bring your girls in closer to you. If this doesn't tighten it enough, your sling may be slightly too big for you. Then, I would e-mail Kristen of Hotslings and ask her advice about either shrinking it in the dryer or having it altered.<br><br>
Tereasa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts