Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a hotsling from a friend--size 3. According to the sizing, this is the right size for me. I washed and dried it before I read that it's not supposed to be dried (although I dry everything on low heat...). Using the cradle carry with my 4 week old, he seems so tight in there! He doesn't seem uncomfortable, but it's hard for me to imagine using it with him much bigger. Did I shrink it or is this the way it is??

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
They are supposed to be pretty tightly in there. Hotslings are stretchy, so they should accommodate a growing baby. However, neither of my kids fit in the cradle carry very well after like 4 or so months.

Here's a photo of my baby at about the same age as yours in the hotsling
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/13...295798ea_o.jpg

I would say if the sling doesn't feel uncomfortable it's probably the right size.

·
Registered
794 Posts
They do shrink and you probably shrunk it to a size 2 1/2, but it's probably still ok. Do you have a picture you can post?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
From the pictures you posted he looks fine. But, if his chin is touching his chest you can put a small folded recieving blanket under his back or shoulders, and that should raise him up just enough for him to be more flat.

I have a hotsling too (size 2? maybe size 3) and my baby hated it until he could do the Kangaroo carry (at 5months!). Once they get bigger you just do different carry's and it works just great!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thyra View Post
From the pictures you posted he looks fine. But, if his chin is touching his chest you can put a small folded recieving blanket under his back or shoulders, and that should raise him up just enough for him to be more flat.
Exactly this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts