Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas,

I just got my first Hotsling but appears to be too small. It's a size 3, and according to the guidelines, it should fit, but when I attempted to put DD, 25 lbs in, it was nearly impossible to get her in, and when I did, she felt too tight and we were both uncomfortable. I've used different carriers with her, like a Hip Hammock, Mei Tai, etc. so I know there's a learning curve here, but it just seemed like not enough fabric to get her in comfortably.

So I guess a size 4 is the next step? I have this size 3 that I now have listed on the TP (got it in a trade). Before I buy/trade another I thought a little advice might be in order, before I end up with TWO that don't fit LOL

I really want a hip carrier that is easy to use. I have a WAHM fleece ring sling that I can use in the meantime, but a Hotsling seems easier....no?

TIA!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Has it ever been washed or dried and possibly shrunk? Try and measuring the top rail of your Hotsling first to make sure it is an actual size 3. A size 3 should be 23".

As far as a ring sling or a Hotsling being easier, I think they can both be equally easy, but the ring sling is more adjustable. Once you get the ring sling adjusted perfectly for you and your DD, you don't have to adjust it so it can be just as easy as a pouch. The Hotsling is more streamlined since you don't have the tail like you do in the ring sling.

·
Registered
663 Posts
It might also have to do with the print. If it's a reversible, it's not going to stretch much and so it can get a bit tight. The sateens and stretch cottons are fantastic, as are the fleece. I'm so loving my Hotslings fleece right now. But those ones will fit pretty true to size-- the sateens actually run a bit bigger. Oh but the fleece..
:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts